1 thing I love about my soprano ukulele

roxhum

Reaction score
Coming from the world of piano accordion I love that I can sit back in my big chair with my cat in my lap and pick up and play my soprano ukulele without disturbing kitty.

Roxhum

I love that my soprano is so happy sounding. If I'm feeling down, a few minutes of random strumming cheers me right up!

Coming from the world of piano accordion I love that I can sit back in my big chair with my cat in my lap and pick up and play my soprano ukulele without disturbing kitty.

Roxhum

Sitting out by the pool, yesterday, Abby (our kitty) hops into the lounge chair between my knees, and proceeds to bathe and then nap whilst I play Edelweiss, et. al., on my soprano. She seems to love the sounds of the 'uke. When I first started, her ears would go sideways when I'd hit a clinker. Is it just her, or do they all know bad music when they hear it? ..gotta love 'em!

jeff

My cat dislikes my ukulele, but HATES my harmonicas!

Clearly a cat with poor music taste. I have a cat and four dogs and they all pretty much ignore my playing. I babysat my sons dog and when I practiced my accordion she gave me a look of disgust and then raised her head and howled.

My jack russell terrier will listen to me play ukulele. He won't listen to my harmonica as much.

And a cat getting tangled in a Uke something one can quickly remedy...one getting tangled in the accordion is no fun

I feel like a giant when holding it. Nah, kiddin, well sort of. Really my uke brings me peace of mind and wards off anxiety.

We used to have a cat that loved my classical guitar playing. He'd plop down in front of my music stand and even sway his head with the music.

Now we have this elderly cat we inherited who doesn't seem to like music. At first she would run away as far as she could whenever I played, which meant she'd go hide under the tub in the bathroom.

She's pretty much learned to tolerate my playing, but if I unleash a rasgueado in her direction, she'll high tail it out of the room.

Top Bottom