Uke Played 'round the World

nickman2

Reaction score
As I was laying in my bed last night thinking about all the awesome things in this world I began to think about ways to bring this world together in a single most musical and powerful way. So I thought about what makes this world so great and odviously the Ukulele came immediately into my mind. So I started to to toss around some ideas and finally after about an hour and a half of restless thinking I got it.

UKE PLAYED 'ROUND THE WORLD

I am starting the Uke Played 'Round the World project as a way to bring Ukulele players together in one totally awesome way. The project will take one ukulele to all the ends of the earth so that from beginner to professional ukulele players can bond. I am asking every Ukulele player in the world to help me out. I am asking for one company corporate sponsor to donate their best ukulele, make a custom Uke, or just a great Ukulele for the project. Send it to me and by the time I get it there will have been tons of people who have sent me Emails and PM's about wanting to participate. then I keep the Uke for like 2 days and play it a lot. Then I send the Uke off the the next person and they will keep it for 2 days then they will have the name and adress for the next Uke player and they send it off. This would continue untill we have 1,000 (plus or minus) uke players to have played this singe uke.

If you have any questions at all PM me or send me a message at...
ukeplayedroundtheworld@gmail.com
If you want to sponsor this project or want to help out and be a part of the whole thing Email me at
ukeplayedroundtheworld@gmail.com

I hope to hear form all of you guys soon.

So, have you decided what's to become of this uke after the 1,000th guy plays it for two days? And what's the plan if player number 632 (or whatever) decides to keep it? Just trying to help you visualize and plan for unexpected possibilities....

A fantastic global idea, but likely besot with many issues - as pointed out in the previous post - such as: lost in transit (mail), broken/damaged during shipping, not forwarded to the next player, someone switches ukes in the process, etc. Too many possible pitfalls...

Calculate: (2 days of playing time) + (4 days average transit time) X 1000 (uke players) = 6000 days = 16 years of time between first set of hands and the last set of hands. What becomes of the global uke when all hands have played it? Place it in a museum?

I don't mean to be negative, just realistic. Of course I'd love to participate if this idea was to occur. And I would certainly send the same uke onto the next player. :eek:

Last edited:
A while ago there was something similar going around, a brotherhood of the traveling ukulele. I don't know if it's still making it's rounds, but I know there's a sisterhood one too, I signed it!

Top Bottom