The joy of proper tools...

Sven

Reaction score
I've used a small file for cutting slots in the nut. It had a sharp triangular section and it was possible to cut different widths with it if I did it carefully. But I lost it! After 25 ukes it was suddenly not to be found. So I dug out the set of 10 needle files I had lying around, but none of them allowed me to do a decent job. I screwed up two nuts trying.

And then I went away to Georgia (not in the US, in Asia) for work, and that has proven itself dangerous. Last time I was there, in June, I ordered a ukulele online from the hotel late one night. And this time I went looking for nut files.

I found a set called Norman nut files in a swedish online store. Nine files of different gauges, super expensive. But being in that strange situation, and with the money making day job present 24 / 7, I bit the bullet and ordered a set. Roughly 180 $!!!

files.jpg

I picked them up today and measured them, I need three out of nine. At 60$ each, that is.

But..! I made two nuts in no time, and they worked perfectly! So as usual, I think something like "hey it's only money, and new money always appears..."

I can recommend them. But I hope you can get them cheaper than I did.

Sven

Top Bottom