blackbyrd carbon fiber tenors at Napa Ukulele Fest

MGM

Reaction score
I am stopping by tomorrow in San Francisco and picking up two brand new Carbon Fiber Tenors from Joe at Blackbyrd and can be played at the Napa Ukulele festival this weekened See you guys there

Just picked up thbe tenors the new one sounds way better than the original prototype i tried very good resonance and lots of volume took a video of the shop and will post as soon as i drive up to Napa aloha

I remember when the first carbon fiber guitars came out the they were advertised as impervious to the weather except for the strings and tuners.

Basically you could use one to paddle a boat around and then pull it out of the water and play it... it was also handy for bailing water out of the boat.

With the exception of the tuners, are the Blackbyrds just as impervious to the elements?

John

For purely selfish reasons I hope MGM still has one when he comes to Cerritos so I can play it!

Mike, After buying a bunch of ukes from you in cyberspace, I'm looking forward to meeting you in St. Helena and test-driving a carbon-fiber uke. Mahalo!

I remember when the first carbon fiber guitars came out the they were advertised as impervious to the weather except for the strings and tuners.

Basically you could use one to paddle a boat around and then pull it out of the water and play it... it was also handy for bailing water out of the boat.

With the exception of the tuners, are the Blackbyrds just as impervious to the elements?

John

I heard a Fluke was used as a boat paddle once.

two are now available

Top Bottom