Looking for binding & purfling suppliers

Halemaumau

Reaction score
Aloha,

I recently lost my little black book of supplier info and now I need to pickup some natural wood binding & purfling. For the life of my I can't remember jack, can't even find them on google!

Already have Stewmac, LMI, Martin, but there's others that I can't remember. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo guys,
Hale

Yeah... bindings and purfling, but the second link looks like the one I was looking for. When you buy online many times it's a crapshoot, I really need to keep better records so I know who to purchase from. You can't go wrong with Stewmac and LMI but I've found some really good buys from some of the smaller shops.

Thanks again,
Hale

If I had read your first post a few minutes earlier I would have saved a bundle - but it's cool. I'll just have to bite the bullet on this one but I'm grateful for your help anyway. :)

Eh Hale, you get any ting built? Just curious, brah!

Howzit Kanaka,

Got two instruments on the workbench now, a tenor, and a super-concert. The super-concert is a basic "no frills" model with the exception of a rope rosette while the tenor is a special order. A few specs include curly black walnut back and sides, curly mango top, rope purfling and curly maple binding, the neck and headplate will also be bound. I ran out of binding materials so I'm waiting on that to arrive.

Are you a builder?

Nah, not one buildah. Was good to see you post cause been awhile and just wonderin how everything goin. No be one stranger, OK! Malama Pono, brah . . .

Top Bottom