PDA

View Full Version : Looking for binding & purfling suppliers

Halemaumau
09-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Aloha,

I recently lost my little black book of supplier info and now I need to pickup some natural wood binding & purfling. For the life of my I can't remember jack, can't even find them on google!

Already have Stewmac, LMI, Martin, but there's others that I can't remember. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo guys,
Hale

Lexxy
09-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Not sure if this might be it, but I'll give it a shot.
http://www.luthiersupply.com/ukulele.htm#K5Reproduction

This should be a masterlist to go through?
http://www.luth.org/links/suppliers.htm

Halemaumau
09-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Outstanding! Thanks.

Lexxy
09-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Not sure if those are it, you were looking specifically for bindings only?

Halemaumau
09-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Yeah... bindings and purfling, but the second link looks like the one I was looking for. When you buy online many times it's a crapshoot, I really need to keep better records so I know who to purchase from. You can't go wrong with Stewmac and LMI but I've found some really good buys from some of the smaller shops.

Thanks again,
Hale

Lexxy
09-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Glad i helped :)

You happen to build up ukes? :O Wow.

Halemaumau
09-07-2010, 09:48 PM
If I had read your first post a few minutes earlier I would have saved a bundle - but it's cool. I'll just have to bite the bullet on this one but I'm grateful for your help anyway. :)

Kanaka916
09-08-2010, 04:32 AM
Eh Hale, you get any ting built? Just curious, brah!

Halemaumau
09-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Howzit Kanaka,

Got two instruments on the workbench now, a tenor, and a super-concert. The super-concert is a basic "no frills" model with the exception of a rope rosette while the tenor is a special order. A few specs include curly black walnut back and sides, curly mango top, rope purfling and curly maple binding, the neck and headplate will also be bound. I ran out of binding materials so I'm waiting on that to arrive.

Are you a builder?

Kanaka916
09-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Nah, not one buildah. Was good to see you post cause been awhile and just wonderin how everything goin. No be one stranger, OK! Malama Pono, brah . . .