A Video Comparison of my Martin Style 2 and Style 1.

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
I made this video last week after I got my '50s Style 1 Martin, but for some reason I couldn't ever get it uploaded to Youtube. This evening I thought to try something different, and it worked!
It's not a great video, and I don't really think the built-in mic in my computer did a very good job of capturing the differences between the two ukes, but it is what it is!
Of course, for a more accurate comparison I should really have strung the Style 1 with Aquilas as well. But since most of my ukuleles have Aquilas, I thought I'd try something different on the new addition, so I strung it with Martin Fluorocarbons. So I'm not sure whether I'm comparing the ukes or just the strings! But I think the two Martins sound quite different, at least in person.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7m7gSP0Q4

Last edited:
Thank you for the comparison. I find the style 2 to be much brighter while the style 1 was warmer. I enjoyed seeing/hearing both of them.

Thank you for the comparison. I find the style 2 to be much brighter while the style 1 was warmer. I enjoyed seeing/hearing both of them.

Thank you for watching! I enjoy owning/playing them both too!

Aloha Chris,
Good job on the comparison, and thanks for sharing....I think the style 2 is beautiful and sounds awesome....Wow..
but the Style 1 is not too far behind....MM Stan..

Beautiful ukes, Chris! I think you are right about the comparison. It seems to compare the strings more so than the ukes....

Man, that style 1 is gorgeous....

Top Bottom