More Martin type Rosettes

Timbuck

Reaction score
My supplies of uke small parts were running out (Linings braces bridges rosettes nuts and saddles etc ) so i'm spending a bit of time this week making some more.... this morning i started on the rosettes.
PICT7744.jpg

HERE THEY ARE BEING SLICED OFF THE LAMINATED TUBE ON MY LITTLE DRUMMOND LATHE.
PICT7739.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be really interested in seeing how you laminate up the tube in the first place. If it's not a trade secret and you're willing to share.
I did a slideshow of it a couple of years ago when I first started making them..I was experimenting then.... and used electricians tape to hold every thing in place till the adhesive set..but now I can make them without the tape and a lot more accurate..but I still use the same caulking tube as a former...here is the slideshow.
Just click on the Pic.

You know how much I admire your ingenious jigs and talents, but with all due respect, I don't see the point. Seems like a lot more work than simply laying in a couple of purfling strips.

EDIT: OK, I've watched the video and I see the limitless possibilities. Seeing rosettes like this make me lament the fact that the rosettes on ukuleles need to be so narrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom