Why did no one tell me

Sambient

Reaction score
that I can strum an ukulele while I use the mini elliptical trainer?

If I focus on trying to wing playing along with the cd I have playing*, I don't even think about the fact that I'm doing boring old exercise. Then, combine the anti-depressant properties of ukulele and the feel-good endorphins generated by working out. Yeah!

*Puppini Sisters, nothing too challenging workout pace-wise.

What's a mini elliptical trainer?

You have skills. I need to focus when I work out.

I'll trade your mini elliptical for a stair climber...

(why did no one tell me) that I can strum an ukulele while I use the mini elliptical trainer?
Ya didn't ask.... :p

... combine the anti-depressant properties of ukulele and the feel-good endorphins generated by working out. Yeah!

I ride my exer-bike in the basement while plunking on da uke... it IS a great way to make exercise time a little more cheerier...

Thanks for sharing your experience... I didn't initially want to volunteer my 'secret' method of exercise. :)

You have coordination!! I can barely play the uke in complete concentration! I like to multi task but as hard as I workout, I would hurt myself, or my uke!

I built a treadmill desk. My wife came down one day and saw me playing ukulele while walking on the treadmill. It made me the biggest nerd in the world, so she says.

I paddle or row for exercise, I guess I could use a 'ukulele for a paddle though the neck kind of short to be a efficient handle.

Aloha Sam,
Nothing wrong with multi-tasking...how about the old style of walking on the beach, park, or down the road playing the uke for the visual effects..
Maybe it would be hard in cold weather though, go to the inside mall and do it....quite a distraction from spending there...
So the Kiwaya must be your daily player now, eh???HMM how many you have??...or the Anuenue.....Have fun Girl!!!"Keep strumming them Strings".
Anuenue...is rainbow in Hawaiian...MM Stan...

What is this "w oork o utt" thing of which you speak? Sounds like a lot of hard excersize to me...I'd rather just collect my ukes *preecious*...(ahem) sorry, still on the lookout for the one uke to rule them all!:uhoh:

Unfortunately too much sweat going on when I work out. Don't want to ruin any of my ukes. Maybe I'll just have to buy one of those carbon fibers.:)

I paddle or row for exercise, I guess I could use a 'ukulele for a paddle though the neck kind of short to be a efficient handle.

I prefer liquid aerobics myself. Leaning on the jukebox with a beer in my hand

Top Bottom