One last thread, then I'm done. - Buying

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
So, my price range is about 1200, I need a pickup....... possibly one that's already installed, because it's less hastle.

I have searched for the past few hours for ukes with pickups, the ones I find are around the $500 mark, around the $1200 mark, give or take a few hundred or whatever, what are my options? Hopefully in the K area.... kanilea, kamaka etc...

TENOR PLEASE. thanks, I'v e run out of ideas at this point of time to be honest....

Aloha Matt,
As Lexxy previously said all "K" will do for about that price...
The Kamaka HF-3 Tenor is $1090.00 and you can put the MiSi on at the factory when you order it..
Buy the best you can comfortably afford...and it will give you years of pleasure if not a lifetime...
Good Luck!! "Keep Strumming them Strings" MM Stan...

Give MGM a call. He doesn't post everything he has in stock on eBay. I'd be downright amazed if he didn't have a single standard K-brand tenor.

Ukulele Friend also has a sweet Kamaka for US$900, and a Keli'i for only $500!

I'd definitely vote for a Kamaka or KoAloha. You can order the Kamaka if you aren't in a hurry and they will put a pickup in for you at the factory.

If you are ready to buy NOW, Acoustic Vibes just got some new Kamakas, and he has a nice selection of other 'K' ukuleles, as well.
Good luck in your search!

You should definitely be able to get a "K" brand tenor in that price range. Personally I like Kamaka a little more but KoAloha is pretty amazing too. FYI, you should be able to get a custom tenor by MP Custom Ukuleles in that price range also. I added a few upgrades to mine (slotted headstock and custom fret markers) and mine came to $1075 before shipping ($1100 after). Mine didn't have a pickup installed but a custom tenor would definitely be in the right price range.

If you are looking for a custom build speak with Isaac Ware.

I have used him a number of times for restoration of vintage ukes and I have played one of his custom sopranos it was sweet.

http://www.isaacwarelutherie.com.au/

Get a K-brand. I don't think there are any high-end 'ukuleles that come with pickups. Please let us know how the pickup turns out if you go that route.

Dude, I remember when a Kamaka tenor was $700. So glad I bought back then (for more reasons than that, but still...).

I don't have time for a custom builld. However, I understand now that K brands don't come with a pickup. I'm not sure whether I should get a Kanilea ukulele, and possibly ruin it with a pickup installe. I get the impression, if you install a pickup, the sound goes from Kanilea, to Mahalo $20 uke....

Besides, active fishman pickup sounds a lot better than a passive pickup, am I right?

Top Bottom