Samoan Ukulele Players!!!!

tuumalo

Reaction score
Cedar City, Utah..But stright from Da 684 American
Just curious on how many of us SAMOAN ukulele players there are on UU.com so yeah lets all get introduced and get to know each other. Add where your from, what village in Samoa you from, your last name and any other information you like share.

Name: Tu'umalo
Currently Residing: Cedar City, Utah
Other Info: Graduate of Leone High School 2004-Leone, American Samoa

Im not a nesian but all my friends are, infact my whole school which contains 1200 people and survey shows roughly 84% are of Samoan and tongan, possibly other 16% are maori ^^

anyway, a lot of my friends are form Apia and they have last names like Iopu, Tifa, Oeti, Ah-lam, Vaalele etc... none of them can play the ukulele but play the guitar very well... and not just only chords :D

Though I was born here, my father was from Fagatogo, and my mother is from Holland . . . so I love fish and chocolate :D

BTW I believe my grandmother was from Leone.

Sadly, I'm at a loss for much of my own family history, as my parents divorced when I was very young. I'm fearful that if I don't go roadtrip soon to interview my remaining relatives from my father's side, the info will be lost. I've still got a few aunties left who are glad to help, but this will take some time.

I'm glad you started this thread -- maybe we'll find more lost cousins, yeah?

well dont know if you guys check dis any moa but

Name: Justin
Villiage: The Beautiful Poloa...
Grad: The Mighty Lions

I havent been playing for that long but im good enough to play for a crowd... but when the Boys wanna hear the Samoan igi i cant play it anyone know?? hit me up

A Samoan guy who works in the same building as me saw me carrying my ukulele case and I could tell he was staring on the elevator. He finally pointed said "Ukulele?" and kind of smiled, and I started talking to him.
I opened the case and handed him the uke, and he played BEAUTIFULLY! :eek:
Of course, he completely dwarfed the thing.
He went from this fierce-looking huge guy with a bucket full of tools to having the most contented smile I have seen on anybody for a long time.
He said, "I'm gonna have to get myself a ukulele some day."
I don't know what his story is, but I am getting a new one soon and I fully plan to Deach him this one. ...Hopefully I'll get to hear more!

June(jr) Tuiasosopo
I'm 20, born Fort Drum, NY (parents are ex-army)
Currently reside in SoCal
My dad's side is from Vatia and Nu'uuli
and my mom's side is Aua and Masefau

I don't know what his story is, but I am getting a new one soon and I fully plan to Deach him this one. ...Hopefully I'll get to hear more!

Uncle -Taco... just curious, have you had the opportunity to deach him yet? :cool:

:L

MALO SOLE

DOES ANYONE KNW NE UKE CHORDS 2 NE OV TH OLD SKOOL JAMS LIKE

PACIFIC SOUL...

JAMOA JAM

ZIPSO...

???

my emails soni17391@hotmail.com

FA'AFETAI LAVA

Malo!

My husband is half Samoan from Lepea in Apia (I'm half Maori, half palagi). We're going to Samoa in November for 2 months, I've been there many times before but this will be my first visit as a uke player. Keen to meet some ukers and learn all I can.

Yeahh Brah

Not my last name but my grandfathers: Ulufale
American samoa
I am just learning to play the uke and i know roughly 10 songs
a great instrument and i play everyday

Top Bottom