Baritone ukulele

Actually I started doing the videos here and the ones that ukulele mike has on my wife's baritone while I was waiting for my tenor to arrive. You can capo the bari at the 5th fret and it will sound like a tenor/concert/soprano uke. Keeping in mind that the baritone probably will have the low D string unless someone set it up for re entrant tuning.
Or you can play the same fingerings without the capo. The music will sound in a lower key (a 4th lower, C becomes G etc...) but will still work.
Hope this helps

Aloha Clyde,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and have fun with your baritone....check out Dr. Uke for chords and Lyrics...
Have Fun and "Keep strumming them strings' MM Stan...

A few weeks ago after reading a few threads on the idea, I bought GCEA strings for my Bari and re-tuned it to GCEA, but I kept the Original G (Worth Browns for Bari) string and switched it to 4th string so I would have a low G on my Bari, so I have my Bari tuned to GCEA with low G, and I LOVE it. A really nice sound, and though it doesn't have that somewhat higher tone because of the bigger body, it has a lovely sound for singing. Am now comparing it to my tenor for picking. Try it, I think you might really like it. Lozark

The gCEA tuning sounds wonderful on my baritone, throaty and mellow.

Top Bottom