What is your favorite ukulele holiday recording?

shrink9

Reaction score
Because I just purchased an awesome ukulele Christmas CD, I just wondered what are your favorites? The one I purchased is titled An Ukulele Christmas and includes a variety of artists including Gordon Freitas, Troy Fernandez, Jan Luna, Herb Ohta, Jr., Taimane Gardner, etc.

I know it might seem a little early to be asking this; however, Christmas is less than three months away. I have already been practicing holiday music.

Try looking for Opihi Pickers "Old Fashioned Christmas" Good stuff

It's just one song, but "Christmas With You" by Victoria Vox is my favorite "pop" Christmas song PERIOD, ukulele or non-ukulele!

Easy -- 4 strings of Christmas -- Aldrine Guerrero!

I don't have a recording of this song anymore, and I doubt it was ever recorded as a ukulele song, but my favorite holiday song to play on uke is John Denver's "Please, Daddy, Don't Get Drunk This Christmas". Really....

I'd like to hear Dave Matthews Christmas Song on the Uke. I tried it once but couldn't get it to sound right.

Fairy Tale of New York by The Pogues has gotta be my fave. Translates well to uke too! Merry Christmas everyone!!

Cool, thanks for the tip on that CD. I just downloaded four of the tracks off iTunes just now, it sounds great...I may go back for more!

For me, it isn't ukulele but my favorite Hawaiian Christmas song is "Mele Kalikimaka Ei Nei" by the Brothers Cazimero, my mom and I are trying to learn the hula for it actually.

For uke specific holiday music, it is a tie between Aldrine Guerrero's "Carol of the Bells" from his Four Strings of Christmas CD and the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain doing "Sugar Plum Fairy."

And it is never too early for Christmas music for me. One of our local radio stations does nothing but Christmas music from Thanksgiving to Christmas. It gets too be a bit much if you listen to it constantly, but when you are wrapping presents or baking cookies, I love to have it in the background. I will be out of town this year from Dec. 8 to the 22nd, and it will be fun, but part of me is disappointed that I won't get to enjoy all the holiday festivities while I'm gone. I also hate that my spouse is making us wait until the 22nd to get our Christmas tree, when I'm the kind of girl that used to put up the tree the first week of December.

Thanks again for the tip on that CD! :)

Top Bottom