How often???

New2Uke

Reaction score
I was just wondering how often do most of you change the strings on your Ukulele? Also, If I live in Couthern California will I have to worry about humidity? My 1st Uke should be here tommorow and I just have bad paranoi right now lol its pre fitted with aquila strings from mgm, will these hold me for awhile?

aquilas should hold you for some time. it all depends on how often you play. a serious performer would probably change them once a month. but for casual players they should last a good 3+ months without any major noticeable difference. check in with a cali player in the forum about humidity and what not if you're worried about that too.

i have aquilas on my soprano from MGM too. they're a lot brighter than i'm used to.

i ran aquillas on two of my ukes (playing casually) for about 18 mos. they were pretty bright when I first put them on and IMO they sounded better as they got older. I eventually switched to a mellower string, but that was just my own preference.

have fun!

I slapped some J71's on my kala tenor a couple months ago and I haven't changed em since. they still sound great. highly recommended btw.

My kick around hilo concert uke the strings are about 5 years old and they sound 5 years old. :eek: I'm actually planning on changing them within the next year hahah

Top Bottom