PDA

View Full Version : How often???

New2Uke
06-17-2008, 07:12 PM
I was just wondering how often do most of you change the strings on your Ukulele? Also, If I live in Couthern California will I have to worry about humidity? My 1st Uke should be here tommorow and I just have bad paranoi right now lol its pre fitted with aquila strings from mgm, will these hold me for awhile?

cMejilla
06-17-2008, 07:16 PM
aquilas should hold you for some time. it all depends on how often you play. a serious performer would probably change them once a month. but for casual players they should last a good 3+ months without any major noticeable difference. check in with a cali player in the forum about humidity and what not if you're worried about that too.

i have aquilas on my soprano from MGM too. they're a lot brighter than i'm used to.

NotoriousMOK
06-17-2008, 10:49 PM
i ran aquillas on two of my ukes (playing casually) for about 18 mos. they were pretty bright when I first put them on and IMO they sounded better as they got older. I eventually switched to a mellower string, but that was just my own preference.

have fun!

davoomac
06-18-2008, 01:37 AM
I slapped some J71's on my kala tenor a couple months ago and I haven't changed em since. they still sound great. highly recommended btw.

My kick around hilo concert uke the strings are about 5 years old and they sound 5 years old. :eek: I'm actually planning on changing them within the next year hahah