Cali Uke players...

New2Uke

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering how much cali Uke players worry about Humidity, I live in Southern Cali and im a total noob, my first Uke is arriving tommorow! I have noob paranoia!

If you are referring to the Kala KA-T you bought from MGM, he may have included a humidifier with your uke. If the KA-T is a laminate body, then it is not quite as sensitive to low humidity, but it's not a bad idea to have one anyways. If not already included, they are only about $6 delivered (see link below).

If you are in the inland empire where it is dry and/or you're running the AC all the time, it would be of greater concern. Generally, if your area gets below 40-50% you want one.

I live in South OC, and the friggin humidity has been killing me the last few days, so no shortage here -- just the same, I maintain a humidifier in my case.

Hope this helps -- congrats and have fun!

click here for a humidifier from MGM

i'm one of those people who ALWAYS reccomends using a humidifier with any acoustic instrument. hell, any wooden instrument. it's just playing it safe, and for a way way cheap price.

honestly, it depends on where you are in california (humidity varies - its VERY DRY where i live in central/northern california), and on the wood, etc.

there are lots of factors.

lots and lots and lots.
okay, not that many, but more than one.

regardless, i still would always reccomend using one. just to be safe.

I just checked the humidity for were I live, currently its 12% and 105 degrees in my part of the valley, I think I need a humidifier lol:eek:

Unless you're leaving your uke outside, the outside relative humidity isn't what you should be worried about. If the AC is on, and the indoor temp is cooler than the outdoor temp, then your indoor RH will be around 40%. If the AC is off, or you're running the heater, then all bets are off.

Top Bottom