Soprano Flea and Ohana Long Neck (Tenor) Soprano SK30L

Mouthy1

Reaction score
Looks like Ronnie Aloha(Very nice guy:) found me my Big Island Uke so now I am offloading a couple. I still haven't figured out posting pictures but I will try later today. I have sold a bunch through here but it is always a surprise when I am able to post a picture?

SOLD and SHIPPED!!!1)One is a a Hibiscus Red Flea soprano with Worth clears. I think I have a gig bag for this one. Very good shape with the regular play wear and very fun to play.

2)The other is a Solid Mohagany(Top back and sides) Ohana Tenor neck soprano shaped Uke. Very cool and in great shape too. May have a bag but don't think so. Has a small nick on edge otherwise like new. Hilo's on it. I can email pictures or I will try to upload later but I seem to be pretty terrible at it so wish me luck or have me email you the pictures directly.

I live in Seattle area...
Flea - $110 pickup or plus shipping if you would like me to ship(shipping is actual no markup)
Ohana - $100 pickup or...same as other

Neither of these are going to be a dissappointment. They are both lively and a blast to play but I will have 12 others if I get lonely and one brand spanking new Big Island coming my way to keep me company!:cool:

OK here are photo bucket links-thanks Nuprin!
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad81/1mouthmouthy1/FleaandLongNeck006.jpg
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad81/1mouthmouthy1/FleaandLongNeck005.jpg
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad81/1mouthmouthy1/FleaandLongNeck004.jpg
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad81/1mouthmouthy1/FleaandLongNeck003.jpg
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad81/1mouthmouthy1/FleaandLongNeck002.jpg

Last edited:
I left you private message to email me pics. I have a question. I guess I am confused why the fleas cost more than a solid wolld instrument. Do you know why? I think you pay for the name of the Flea and Fluke. So the flea cost more. Can you say why? Which sounds better? Play better? Long neck soprano vs a concert or tenor. What is your opinon? I think for me personally I may like the long neck soprano but am thinking of my son who used to guitars.

Thanks,

Rox

As far as posting pics, rather than attaching pics to the thread, I find it easier to use Photobucket. Degracia wrote a great tutorial on it...

HOW TO UPLOAD PICTURES TO AN ONLINE HOSTING WEBSITE:
This will allow you to upload your stored pictures from your computer to an online website such as photobucket. You can create free private photo albums by registering. You can then share photos and videos!
If you haven't already, visit www.photobucket.com and register. This is the best online image hosting website I've ever encountered. Simple, quick, and easy.
Now that you are a member, it will ask if you'd like to create an album and add pictures and/or videos.
Create a photo album. Once that is done, you can upload pictures straight to that album from your computer.
To upload photos, there is a button that asks to 'Choose Files'. Click and browse through your folders for your desired pictures. (You can select multiple photos by holding Shift + arrow keys). Select OK.
It will then automatically upload for you. While it should only take a few seconds per picture, they will be automatically stored.

HOW TO LINK YOUR PHOTOS FROM THE HOSTING SITE:
This will allow you use the links provided from your image website. You can use those links and post them on forums, websites, etc.
Most image sites like photobucket give you a variety of links for each image you have uploaded to your album(s).
In photobucket, there are;
- Email & IM link
- Direct link
- HTML code
- IMG code
The Direct link is the main link of the photo. Use this for people to enter in their address bar to view your picture.
The HTML code is an embded code so that you can insert this for your website (Myspace, Zanga, Blogs, etc).
The IMG code is what you'd use for forums such as here. All you do is copy the code, paste it into a post and there ya have it.

Hope this helps!

I will post some pic's thanks to Nuprin after I run to Home Depot but I think Flea's cost more from the start and are pretty sought after. They sound great and are worth every penny. The long neck sounds more like a traditional hawaiian uke with a long neck. I like em both for different things but the long neck is pretty cool to me. Will get back with pic's when I get home. Thanks Nuprin!!!

Okay, I took pictures and emailed but I will do the photobucket thing too later tonight after the little ones go to bed. Here is a quick review.

Ohana-sounds very Hawaiian soprano but has a great neck. Nice in every way. Feel unusual playing a tenor neck with the soprano sound but it is great to learn on too.

Flea-staple for the uke crowd. I don't think they sound like anything else. Much deeper than traditional solid woods but not bad, just different. If your son wants the sound but is used to the guitar, the ohana would be the best choice. If you want a durable great sounding plastic body, the flea. I like them both the same differently so my opinion is mine alone.

Kind of a lame review but I am a little rushed at the witching hour for little kids. PLease anyone feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to make it a less lame.

FleaandLongNeck004.jpg

FleaandLongNeck005.jpg

How did you do that? Did you just cut and paste in the body or? Thanks Kamaka Rocka!

How did you do that? Did you just cut and paste in the body or? Thanks Kamaka Rocka!

After uploading images to a Photobucket album, when you scroll over the image you should get something like this:

Screenshot2010-09-13at70054PM.png

Just copy the IMG Code area at the bottom (should start with "

Wow, you are great. I think I have learned more off of this posting then I have learned in 6 years of college...damn State schools! Anyway, thank you for the help with this, everyone is so great on this forum! Thanks again and now I will look like I know what I am doing when posting "for sales".

Top Bottom