My baby never ceases to amaze me.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
yeah, this is sort of off topic too, but it is musical. As most of you know, I am in a long term care facility getting over an illness to return home. Also, most know by now that I am a very proud Dad of a 13 year old daughter whom is quite the vocalist/musician herself. I just got word, that at the school football game yesterday, the booth was having technical issues, and for some odd reason, could not get the National Anthem to play. While the crowd was getting frustrated, out of the blue, my daughter stands up in the stands, and just starts to belt out the Star Spangled Banner. Of course, knocking everyone's socks off, and touching hearts as she does without even trying. By the time the song was half over, she had the entire stands on both sides of the field standing, and singing with her. Mission accomplished, and the game started...

That kid just never ceases to amaze her Dad, and every day does something that makes me just smile from ear to ear wondering what the hell would I do if she wasn't in my life. I AM blessed.

I digress.. Now back to your regularly scedualed Uke Chat..

Great to hear Tudorp!

Always wondered how it's like to have someone so close to you that can sing so well.. :)

Wish you a speedy recovery so you can continue banging the uke! :p

Aloha Bruddah Tudorp,
Thanks for sharing....that's so cool, It must have been a tear dropper for you when you first heard the story....
I'm sure you're really so proud of her, I would be soo too!!!You are surely blessed to have such a talented daughter..
after all, she has you musical genes...
Well I hope you're feeling much better, and gaining much strength and endurance now....sooo worried for ya!!
Take Care and Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery...God Bless, Your bud....MM Stan..
"Keep strumming them stings"...and Have some Fun!!!

It was stan. I did cry. That kid gets me in tears allot, lol.. But, in all fairness, she was encurraged. She was with a few friends at the game. While the crowd listened to the turmoil in the box, a couple of my daughters friends kept elbowing my daughter telling her "Casey, you can sing.. Just get up and sing it.. "... lol.. She wasn't sure it was the right thing to do, but with her friend's encurrangement, and confidence in her ability, she just stood up and belted it out. She is such a little gal, but has some powerful pipes that no one is sure where the air comes from. I have always loved the open mouths and shocked looks on the faces of people that hear what comes out of that kids chords..

And Brudda, I love ya that ya worry about me. But try not to so much. I am blessed, and have an unbelieveable amount of awesome juju coming my way daily, including yours. That and the good Lord himself on my side. I can't go wrong. I am in good hands, and getting stronger each day. I am healing, and gonna be back. I got allot to do yet and far from done with this life.. <wink>

Last edited:
You must be very proud of your daughter. God Bless her. It sounds like she has some very good values and I think that you deserve a lot of credit for that. I hope you are back in tiptop shape in no time. Keep strumming.

You must be very proud of your daughter. God Bless her. It sounds like she has some very good values and I think that you deserve a lot of credit for that. I hope you are back in tiptop shape in no time. Keep strumming.

Thanks for that, and yeah, Its nice to think I may have done something right with all my kids. All of them are awesome, including my 3 grown sons. My daughter is just an awesome soul, beutiful person from the surface of her skin to her bone marrow. She makes being a Parent easy.

Great story. On another note, have you played your uke for the nurses yet? I know you said there was some interest.

Well, not specifically "for" them. But they do hear me playing in bed, and will come in the room to hear better, or call a couple others in too. One of the physical therapist gals heard me several days ago, and has been trying to get me to bring it into the PT room to play for other paiteints. I will soon, but for now, just don't have the stamina to play at any lenght with expectaions, even my own. Besides that, still with the illness just too rusty still for me. But, soon..

Tudorp,

Your girl must have inherited your uke super-genes. I say "super-genes" because I read somewhere that we can tweak our genes a bit (mutation) by subjecting ourselves to particular environmental pressures (natural selection). I suspect you fomented a uke gene in her. Sweet!

--Dave E.

I wasn't there but I can tell you that I am touched right now. It just goes to show that music is amazing and great people can do great things like your daughter.

Hi Tudorp: Sorry to hear your under the weather, but your spirit is indomintable and you will be back to your happy joyus self soon. Great Story. I watched your daughter's uTube debut a while back, and yes she is talented, and I can see her doing that. Take care and we all wish you well soon. Lozark

Thanks Loz,

BTW: did ya see this one she did for me a few weeks ago when I was first admitted into the hospital. I was fighting phnumoia real bad then, and was in very low spirits. She sent me this lallaby one evening to help me sleep. Of course, not being able to breath, and blubbering like a baby wanting momma I wasn't able to sleep much, hahhah.. But, she really does make me want to fight for life. Shes an awesome kid. It's funny in her videos, she struggles, because she has to hold back allot not to overpower. She really does do her best stuff in an open audatorium, or out in the open.. But, this was really nice, and made me glad i was alive..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMMbcLtDfTs

I've told her I want her to record this one with her playing the Uke, or at least the acustic..

Last edited:
Glad to hear you are hanging in there....your daughter is a very special girl, thanks for sharing this story!

Keep fighting the good fight friend!

What a wonderful story. For a 13-year-old, she feels very comfortable in her own skin (something I lacked at 13 :) ).

Thanks for Sharing

That is a really cool story. One of times when you can be proud of both your daughter and of the people around her for "gettin' it" and joining in. Thanks for sharing that with us. Uke people are just thee best!

Top Bottom