Baritone Ukulele under $100

nickman2

Reaction score
hello everyone. I just recently played a really great Baritone Ukulele that I absolutely loved. It is a Santa Rosa BU17 Baritone Ukulele and I absolutely love it. I am looking for a really great Baritone Ukulele for under $100 like the Santa Rosa or not. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

i have the same uke, labeled a different name....i must admit i like the darn thing

...a Santa Rosa BU17 Baritone Ukulele ...
Is it solid wood or laminate?

I have a Pono mahogany baritne which is lovely, but a lot more expensive, and a vintage Lyra which I picked up for $60. I've played my friend's Ohana baritone and it's in between, but also quite nice. I'm looking at the Kala acacia baritone myself, or perhaps a Jupiter Creek electric.

Yes I have a Makala MK-B Baritone as well, and I can't believe the quality sound for an inexpensive uke. I have it tuned to GCEA and really like it and go to it almost as much as I do my more expensive tenors. Go figure. Good luck! Lozark

I just received my Makala MK-B yesterday. Got it for $89.95 with a free gigbag and free shipping. I'm pretty impressed with the quality and sound considering the price. I immediately changed the strings it came with as the originals had a very waxy residue all over them...I went with D'Addario J68's and am quite happy with how the uke sounds.

Top Bottom