Uku Lessons in SoCal

tonysal123

Reaction score
Looking for some Uku lessons near Burbank, Glendale, Eagle Rock areas in SoCal.

Thanks,
Koni

Hi Koni, welcome to UU.

It isn't near your area, but I live in Pasadena and have been taking lessons at McCabe's in Santa Monica for almost two years now. The lessons are done by Steve Rose, and it is a very friendly environment. It is an awful drive, but if you don't mind driving, it is a good place to learn.

Aloha Koni,
Sorry I can't help you there, because I'm in the middle of the "C"....but Welcome to the UU and our humble forums...
Take care and Have Fun!!! "Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan..

Howard from this site is doing a fine job hosting a group every two weeks out in West Hills (at Guitar Merchant, Topanga Canyon and Saticoy). It would be straight out the 210 I think, an easy drive on Sundays. It would be like a free lesson because if you don't know a chord someone will be happy to show you. It's a very casual, un-pressured atmosphere, and beginners are welcome and comfortable there. I was going to go today but overslept.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21219

Hey Koni,
My friend was taking for Chika Nagata in Gardena. He used to teach at Island Legends until they closed but I heard he still teaches at the Japanese Community Center. He also gigs around the south bay area.
Mike

Top Bottom