Jake Shimabukuro's songs

RevOshoUke

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a big fan of Jake Shimabukuro, and I'd like to know if he sells any books or any sort of information on his music. I'd really like to learn how to play a couple of his songs, but all the sites I've looked at have been taken down.

I was considering just writing down the music from his youtube videos.. Is that illegal/and or time consuming?

If you want to write down the music from his videos that is no problem. If you post that information it may be a problem. Is it time consuming? That depends on your skill in transcribing music. I would guess yes, it is time consuming. I think Jake is working on a music book which is why he asked to have the tabs taken down from sites. However, I'm not sure and I'm likely not the most informed on that subject.

Jake played this past June at a local club here in VT. He posed for pictures, signed autographs, etc. after the show. After getting my picture taken I did ask if he had any updates on the book. He said that he hasn't had a chance to work on it as he's been so busy. He's hoping he can get it done early next year.

I would highly recommend working out his songs yourself. If they seem like they are a little too much though, you might want to work your way up to them starting with something a bit more simple.

Top Bottom