Wine country uke fest 2010

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
I'm in California at the moment and the Wine Country Uke Fest has just ended. I have met so many UU members here. It has been a really lovely occasion. Early yesterday, Bruce and Don strolled up and said hello. I have known them for a long time but never met them in person. We chatted like old friends.

They were followed by so many other uke players who came up to say hello. Far too many to mention everyone. It was wonderful to meet them all.

Much later, Russ, Boozelele, Grumpy and Little6ster arrived. Russ and Coyote had 5 minutes before I invited them onto the stage to play with me. Preparation time: zero. We had great fun playing some tunes.

We recorded this a little later. It was a real privilege for me to perform with them. Here's what we played.

Hanging my head in shame for missing this one...life got complicated while the Uke folk were 45 minutes from my house. Hope to be there next year

Last edited:
Aloha Ken,
That was great impromptu get together and I really enjoyed it very much!!!
And many thanks for sharing....weather must have been perfect this year!!!
MM Stan..

I didn't go since I am such a newbie. Is there a uke fest every September in Napa? I sure hope so because it is only about a 4 hour drive from where I live along the coast and a weekend getaway in wine country is always a treat.

Rox

It was a pleasure meeting you Ken, and I'm really sorry I missed your set, so thanks for posting this! The workshops I attended were all outstanding, but it was hard knowing that I was also missing some great music on the stage.

Doug

It was a pleasure to finally meet you and Louis, Ken. I did get to catch most of your performance. Joanne and I enjoyed it very much.

all of that talented in both of those vids makes me beam. great job!

Top Bottom