whats the difference except for the size?

asdff

Reaction score
hi, i ordered a ACU250 recently, and i turned out getting a AU250 instead... i did some research and it turns out that AU250 is more pricy than ACU250? but i cant find anything different between the 2 except for their size... should i return it and request for a ACU250 instead?

I found that to be exactly so, which is unusual. It seems to me the Concert and Tenor sizes are usually more expensive than the Sopranos. The Concert usually has more frets and is a bit bigger, and sounds a little bit "fuller" I think than a soprano. I am not sure really how to describe it, because "fuller" sounds automatically better, which it may or may not be. I play Tenor size and my wife plays Soprano...she says my uke sounds way to much like a guitar. Concert size usually falls somewhere in the middle (depending of course on the individual instrument).
Some folks think the longer scale of the concert makes chording easier (I am one of those folks), but it all really boils down to preference I figure. If you like it, keep it- if it seems too small, send it back.

Aloha Asdff,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the Ukulele....Congrats on your purchase, I'd say TCK gave some good advice..
Try it out since you have that option, See if it fits your style, sound, comfotablity, and playability...if it works for you,
"Keep it". Have Fun!!! Keep strumming them strings!!! MM Stan....

I have to agree with these guys. I find that a concert or tenor gives my meathooks more room to move, also it is easier for me to pick on. Any sopranos I have left get mostly strummed on any more, but I have to say if push come to shove a concert fits me best!

lol the thing is the soprano one is more expensive, i think i can sell the soprano on ebay and then buy another concert one and still earn some money.

As far as I can tell, besides the difference in size, the bridge/saddle is the only other difference. Looks like the AU-250 has a deluxe bridge whereas the ACU-250 has a plainer bridge. With the difference in price, I can't believe that's the only difference. Try asking Aria?

http://www.danabgoods.com/contact_rep.htm

I'm not so sure that the AU250 is more expensive than the ACU250. From the few sites I have looked at, the pictures of the Aria ukuleles don't match the descriptions... counting the number of frets is an easy way to tell you if it is a picture of a soprano, concert, or tenor.

Since both ukuleles are the same, and have the same list price, I'd be willing to bet that the concert that is listed at a cheaper price on some sites is not really a ACU250.

You need to decide if the soprano is the right size, and if you like the sound and the way it plays. That is really what is important.

John

well i mean this is my first ukulele so how can i tell if its good for me?

and its so hard to find real life pictures of aria AU250 its so hard to tell if my one is legit :\

I'm sure it is a legit Aria. Since it is your first ukulele a soprano is as good as any other sixe, maybe better. The easiest thing to do it to hit some notes. Maybe play a C chord (1st string 3rd fret) and strum it.

I don't know it you have played guitar, if you have play your guitar chords except the bottom 2 strings.

If it sounds good to you and you can play it then keep and you don't have the hassle of shipping it back. If you don't like the sound or it seems too small then ship it back for the concert.

John

Top Bottom