Fender Ukes

Howdy Armytrucker,

Labor day I played the Fender Nohea model
which is a tenor, laminate koa, w/bound neck.
Labor day price was $170 regularly $199. A pretty nice
uke with the tele headstock which is cool being it's a Fender
Maybe it'll appeal to guitarists moreso than the traditional uker.
Looked as well made as anything else in it's price range. Sounded nice too.

Cheers.

I want one, but there have been lots of reports (on other stringed instrument forums) of generally bad quality issues. You regularly see "seconds" on eBay which have been stamped "USED" by Fender to denote instruments that they won't warrant. Bent necks, necks detaching from the body, bridges lifting.... all things you hear about w/any single brand over several years of life, but not so many in such a relatively short timespan.

I have an '80's Fender Newporter acoustic guitar that has the Telecaster headstock that my wife gave me when we were married (actually have a replacement now that the original was stolen) - SO the Fender Pa'ina is a uke I SO wanted to own & love as it is almost a mini-Newporter in every way (and it has a built-in pickup). But... haven't been able to make myself take the plunge when there appears to be better instruments available in the same price range. I may own one yet, and I have to admit that the Nohea model (Koa laminate) is quite pretty & sounds pretty good as well - I've strummed one a couple of times trying to decide if I could buy it.

Just my .02$!

I have the Koa Nohea. Sounds about as good as any other ukulele in it's price range. But it has a super comfortable neck, much better than my Fluke that I paid a lot more for. But sound-wise it's just average.

I have the Koa Nohea. Sounds about as good as any other ukulele in it's price range. But it has a super comfortable neck, much better than my Fluke that I paid a lot more for. But sound-wise it's just average.

I think that it might be a good candidate for a Mi-Si pickup (the Pa'ina has a passive pickup but don't know what kind it is). Did you change out the strings for something w/o the wound C string that's standard? IF I end up w/one I know I have to ditch the wound C - seems like overkill for a uke - too much like its BIG cousin.

As your check is from the DOD due a disability of a soldier, I say, get what the heck ya want with that check bro. The check can't bring back what you sacrificed, but, you can enjoy it as best as ya can..

God Bless ya brudda..

Last edited:
Aloha Armytrucker77,
I'd say if it's make you happy and you get tons of fun out of it, get it!!
Try it out, see how it sounds and if it's comfortable and the action is good...Good Luck with the boss!!!
MM Stan... goooooooo for it!!!

yeah understandable but the boss knows the deal and she says get something and shut up about it...lol....she mocks me sometimes when she grabs my uke and strums....then she just rolls eyes and walks away and then I play even louder

Yeah I was thinking along the lines or Aldrines or Jakes love the look of them...but will just check some out and see how it goes

But bare in mind, they don't come with Fender price tags. Maybe a Fen-fen-fen-fen-fender price tag.

Top Bottom