Home studio?

Aquila

Reaction score
Any idea's that are any good softwares and equipment that a 13 year old could afford . So i could make a video ._. . . . And post my music . :)

Do you have a Mac or a Windows PeeCee?

JJ

I think the best place to start especially for your age is getting a decent camera, or if your webcam is good enough video quality for you, I would get a USB condenser microphone; I would recommend samson, or Blue, they seem to be decent entry level usb microphones. As far as audio editing software, Audacity is a free and widely used audio editing program with a lot of tutorials(http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). There are a bunch of free video editing programs, just search google, check them out and play around with the one that seems to work for you. Good Luck =]

I sympathize, but at age 13 and with no money, the best thing you can do is experiment with the mic and/or camera that's probably already built into your computer. I don't mean to be harsh...that's actually a pretty realistic way to get started. And if you don't have either of those...now you know what to save up for or ask for for Christmas/birthday/whatever.

There is lots of free software out there (actually free, not warez...do they still use that term anymore?). Download it and play around. Accept the fact that you're not going to get studio sound or vid quality and do the best you can with what you have.

If you stick with it, by the time you outgrow your gear, you'll know what your direction is and have a better chance of affording what you need. Keep in mind that Julia Nunes has millions of hits on YouTube with little more than a webcam, a cheap mic, and a sense of fun. Performance is...well, not everything maybe...but a lot.

Top Bottom