Addicted

Helms

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Helms and I'm an addict.

I've got a problem. I can't lay down my uke. Now, that might not sound like a serious problem, however it's actually starting to bother me.
When I get home from school I play at least 3 hours (but usually +5 hours on weekdays) and weekends is 5-10 hours a day unless I got other plans.
When I don't play uke I feel bad for not improving my skills and not getting better.
I really want to continue playing so much, because I totally love the uke, but I'm a bit afraid I hit the wall too soon and will lay off the Uke because I can't progress at the same speed as I used to.

Any advices? :)

Last edited:
The next stage is even worse... when you become certain that "just one more uke" is all you need.

Haha :) I'm getting there.
Do you recommend Mainland by the way? I'm considering buying one

When I get home from school I play at least 3 hours (but usually +5 hours on weekdays) and weekends is 5-10 hours a day unless I got other plans.

And think that you provided your own solution.

Make other plans.

Or spend some time finding people you can meet with a uke or other instrument to play along. This might keep you occupied during times when you are not progressing as much as you do now, simply because it's fun to play.

About me getting other plans: Done.
I actually got a lot of plans almost every day. Work, band and girlfriend takes a lot of my time, but the second my hands got nothing to do they pick up the uke.
I've looked almost everywhere for Ukers close to me, but haven't been able to find more then a few Ukers in Denmark, all living far away

Aloha Helms,
Every uke player plateau's now and then....you need to get re inspired and re motivated again.....join a group or take lessons..
to keep on moving forward..it's just that dam learning curb.....find new things to learn or new style or songs to get re aquainted...
Good Luck!!! And "Keep strumming them strings".....MM Stan..
One Good way is to multi task...Get the girlfriend on board with the uke...show her some easy chords...and make beautiful music together...
Having a uke partner is half the battle, if it's your girlfriend, better yet..where else to find motivation and inspiration together...No brainer!!

Last edited:
I am very inspired and focuses on learning my first "real" song. It is terrible because I am playing my ukulele all night long in my sleep and I wake up not quiet rested and run to my ukulele before the coffee is even done brewing.

As I always say,"MAINLANDS RULE!!!!!!".
Sweet :) They told me they are getting a new shipment in 2 weeks and that they would pick a good one for me :)

I am very inspired and focuses on learning my first "real" song. It is terrible because I am playing my ukulele all night long in my sleep and I wake up not quiet rested and run to my ukulele before the coffee is even done brewing.

Haha, I know it all too well. Why stop when you are having fun? The uke definetally stole some sleep :)
Once I start learning a new song I don't stop before I learned either the full song or most of the song

They tell me I should go to rehab but I say no, no, no, no

About me getting other plans: Done.
I actually got a lot of plans almost every day. Work, band and girlfriend takes a lot of my time, but the second my hands got nothing to do they pick up the uke.
I've looked almost everywhere for Ukers close to me, but haven't been able to find more then a few Ukers in Denmark, all living far away

I know there are some in Aahuss if thats close to you. The addiction doesn't seem to stop for most of us.

Worse part is when you start dreaming of a new uke everyday.

Day 1: Just one new one~
Day 2: Just one new one~
Day 3: Customs look nice~
Day 4: Customs look nice~
Day 5: Repeat day 4.

I know there are some in Aahuss if thats close to you. The addiction doesn't seem to stop for most of us.

Oh really?
Aarhus is a bit distant from where I live but not too long. About an hour or so by car.

Top Bottom