ukulele vs banjo uke

In a nutshell, yes you can. They tune, and play the same. The difference is a much different sound, and as you play you might differ your playing style some as you learn the differences, and how they sound with any specific song. I have both, and play certain songs with the Banjo Uke because I like that specific rag time type of sound for that specific song, and other songs, it doesn't quite sound right. So, as you play, you will find you play them differently due to personal tastes, and song types. But again, in a nutshell, they play, and can be played just the same.

The banjo uke you are looking at is a bit heavy with the resonater. You can get it from gold tone directly without a resonator and the fingerboard is the same as a soprano uke. There are concert scale banjo ukes out there that might be cheaper. I have a tyler mountain banjo uke that has better tuning pegs and is cheaper but looks like it was made in the same factory. If you google banjo uke you could find a better deal. But Gold Tone is a very good company and is easy to deal with. When I bought mine they didn't have the concert scale models available. You can play one just like a regular uke or play it claw hammer like a banjo or Scrugs style with fingerpicks. It is great for country and blugrass songs or folk songs. I have a review on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZbrdT7kORU

yeah i figured it would be heavier but i love the look of it...loved the review gave me lots of information...i know later i can take the resonator off but it does look good.

I love mine

Oh and nice to see you out and about on the forum Tudorp

well I do have one vintage banjolele...its before 1920

Attachments

• HPIM1006.jpg
    HPIM1006.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM1007.jpg
    HPIM1007.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM1005.jpg
    HPIM1005.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1
I agree with chad.

Also, if you're after a new one, I'm a huge fan of Bean Sprout banjo-ukes made by Aaron Keim. Great sound and beautiful to look at:

www.thebeansprout.com

Top Bottom