SnakeOilers destroy "Tiptoe Thru the Tulips"

That was bitchin!

The tall thing the kid was wailing on reminded me of a stumpf fiddle.

Woah, that thing's pretty cool.
Junior's playing a "BoomBah". He inherited it from his Pennsylvania Dutch grandfather. He used to get drunk and play it at parties. It's on a stand, but it does have a spring at the bottom so you can play it like that stumpf fiddle thing.

That kid has a trap set in his future, seriously dude! :D

Awesome, and that Kala jazz tenor is just perfectly suited to rippin' apart tradition. :rock:

The tall thing the kid was wailing on reminded me of a stumpf fiddle.

Junior's playing a "BoomBah". He inherited it from his Pennsylvania Dutch grandfather. He used to get drunk and play it at parties. It's on a stand, but it does have a spring at the bottom so you can play it like that stumpf fiddle thing.

Same thing, just from a different part of the country.

It says here:
In some parts of Wisconsin, the Stump Fiddle is also know as the "boomba", "boombass" or "Teufel Stick". You will also find variations of the Stumpf Fiddle made with beer trays or coffee cans instead of pie tins. In Minnesota, a relative of the Stumpf Fiddle is called the "German Fiddle". It uses a coffee can instead of pie tins and doesn't have a ball at the bottom or a wood block.

Google on stumpf fiddle and you get a buttload of links.

I love It! Right up my alley. Is that an orginal NY ukefest shirt? I was there in 06 maybe we met.

Top Bottom