Thinking about selling my KoAloha Superconcert

Howie1947

Reaction score
Not sure what to ask for price. Paid $870.00 plus tax in 2008. Uke is in excellent condition, always in case etc. They are now retailing for $930.00 new. Any suggestions. Thanks, Howie

Not sure what to ask for price. Paid $870.00 plus tax in 2008. Uke is in excellent condition, always in case etc. They are now retailing for $930.00 new. Any suggestions. Thanks, Howie

wow, that's a beautiful collection of ukes you've got!!!

Clearly, you need to sell it to me for a song Howie:iwant:

I think a realistic and fair used price would be around $700 if it's in great nic...any pics?

Eugene uke.....................I was hoping to get a little bit more than $700.00...............But thanks for your input !

I think if it's in excellent condition you should sell it for what you paid for it. It's worth more now? Plus the wood has opened up. Can't really justify selling it for less than you paid. Just my opinion.

I think it should hold its value. I love my KoAloha Superconcert. Might as well test the market because you don't see those come up too often on the secondhand market.

If you can answer, why are you selling the KoAloha Superconcert?

Jordon....................Just decided to downsize my collection. I find myself playing my Tenors more now. Don't get me wrong, I love the Superconcert, but I think it would not bother me to let it go. Howie

I understand the concept of something holding value but realistically, who may actually buy it for what you paid for it? I really think $750 would be a fair price. $800 max. Even though they cost more now, it isn't rare yet. Then again does it have the crown bridge? LOL! What is the general rule of thumb? Sell used for 20% less than new price?

Yes it does have the Crown Bridge, and a nice foam case too. It has been well cared for. Probably in "Mint" condition. As far as my favorites.................They are all good Kanilea, Kamaka, KoAloha............

I understand the concept of something holding value but realistically, who may actually buy it for what you paid for it? I really think $750 would be a fair price. $800 max. Even though they cost more now, it isn't rare yet. Then again does it have the crown bridge? LOL! What is the general rule of thumb? Sell used for 20% less than new price?

But the argument (and which I use at garage sales I have) is: Go buy a new one then. New ones are over $900? Then original price is a fair price. Remember -- if someone snaps it up in 2 minutes, the price was too low. You can always LOWER the price but you really can't raise it once it's advertised.

Good luck.

But the argument (and which I use at garage sales I have) is: Go buy a new one then. New ones are over $900? Then original price is a fair price. Remember -- if someone snaps it up in 2 minutes, the price was too low. You can always LOWER the price but you really can't raise it once it's advertised.

Good luck.

I agree with you Sukie but I wouldn't pay the new price for a used instrument. No matter how nice it is. It isn't new. It's like a car. Things depreciate. Realistically, things are worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I wouldn't pay more than $750. He is asking for advise on what to offer it for. You'd pay more for it than what I would. I'd advertise it at $850 obo.

I would like to get a super concert one day but I personally wouldn't pay more than $750. I want a crown bridge tenor. Once again, I won't pay more than $800 for that unless it had a p/u installed already.

I agree with you Sukie but I wouldn't pay the new price for a used instrument. No matter how nice it is. It isn't new. It's like a car. Things depreciate. Realistically, things are worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I wouldn't pay more than $750. He is asking for advise on what to offer it for. You'd pay more for it than what I would. I'd advertise it at $850 obo.

I would like to get a super concert one day but I personally wouldn't pay more than $750. I want a crown bridge tenor. Once again, I won't pay more than $800 for that unless it had a p/u installed already.
Sorry Howie,
I'm with John on this one...you can't expect to get what you paid for it....things depriciate and it's used....unless it's gold...two years old, realistically 20-25% off....Maybe it's hard parting with it,
is the main issue...because it's not rare, vintage, or a collectable.....even if the newer ones cost more, that doesn't justify the inflated price. Ask yourself, would you pay for that ukulele at that
price....just trying to be fair...about things...nothing personal...sorry again, Good Luck!!

Last edited:
Trust me, as the seller of a few used Pineapple Sundays, you can't always get what you paid for them. If I recall, I took losses (some of them huge) on each of those ukes. I hope that sukie is right and you can get close to what you paid for it, but my experience was the opposite. I would advertise it for $800 or best offer, but realistically, you might be lucky to get $750 or $800 for it used. Good luck to you though.

You can't use the car argument, Ukuleles don't wear out like a machine...

More like a collectable, it's worth what someone will pay for it.

JT

Trust me, as the seller of a few used Pineapple Sundays, you can't always get what you paid for them. If I recall, I took losses (some of them huge) on each of those ukes. I hope that sukie is right and you can get close to what you paid for it, but my experience was the opposite. I would advertise it for $800 or best offer, but realistically, you might be lucky to get $750 or $800 for it used. Good luck to you though.

I'm with this thought pattern. It's not rare or vintage...even though the current price for the same product is more, it's used. It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and it depends on how long you want to wait for a buyer.

You can always LOWER the price but you really can't raise it once it's advertised.

Good luck.

Just put it up for whatever you WANT to sell it for. You'll find out if it's too high or not.

Honestly, when I was looking for a SC, I would have paid $850 for one with a crown bridge if it was in new condition with a case. I bought the new style bridge, and am happy with it. But the crown bridge looks really nice!

The asking price will determine how quickly it sells. A higher price may mean waiting longer for the right buyer to come along.

Top Bottom