A Question for Worth Users

Skitzic

Reaction score
How long does it take the strings to stretch? Are they like Nylguts where they take forever to hold tune, or are they more like Blacklines where they settle in an hour if you work them a bit?

Thanks

I've never really timed it, but we use mostly Worths or Aquilas on our ukes, so I do have some decent thoughts about comparisons. Worths don't take as long as Aquilas (maybe just a bit more than half the time) to stretch and "settle." Definitely more than an hour. :D

For me it usually takes a couple of days for Worth strings to settle. After that it usually needs a small tweak before playing.

For me it takes a few days. I stretch them using Nuke Doc's technique also. I think it helps settle them faster. Once they're stretched I hardly have to do much to them.

I have yet to try the browns, but the clears I put on my concert a while back took a week or so to settle in. That just an estimate though, I was out of town quite a bit so it didn't get played regularly. It does seem like they settle a bit quicker than Aquila's.

Hm. So much for a string change before the open mic then. Thanks for the input!

For me with the clear heavys it takes the initial stretch, a few hour sit in the case and another stretch and then just a little bit of playing for them to sit. It depends how you put them on too. You could probably cut your stretching time in half if you put them on really well.

Somebody needs to try locking tuners! Then the restringing job is out of the question. I'd be super curious how they work with nylon strings.

Top Bottom