Is this Ukulele worth the price?

I would say if you got free shipping, a free case and a free tuner with it, it would be more than worth it!
IMO of course.

I have a friend who bought that (well... his had a pickup) as his first uke. I've played it, and it's very nice. Actually, if you look at the photo albums on my profile page, there's some pics of me playing it at a gig. He got his from musicguymic on eBay and payed about $200 with a case and tuner. Mind you, his had a pickup so was a bit more to start with. I think that would be a really nice uke, even if you had to pay a bit more for a case and shipping. In fact, I just now checked his eBay store, and why.... what do you know? This same uke IS $179 with free shipping, a case and a tuner! Do it!!!

Yes....check out MGM on ebay (Musicguymic) He is a Kala dealer and has really good deals on ukes, like the aquila strings, set up, sometimes free shipping, sometimes free tuner, etc!

For a first uke, I'd get a entry level one until you know for sure that you're going to stick with the program..
However you get what you pay for....if you can afford a mid level one, it will sound better, have better playability
and be more comfortable....you'll probally sound learn faster, get less fustrated, and most likely to stick it out....
I'd also recommend getting a digital chromatic clip on tuner...would be the best investment you'll make....
Good Luck!! and Let us know how it goes...MM Stan..

.... what do you know? This same uke IS $179 with free shipping, a case and a tuner! Do it!!!
I agree, when I bought my KA-STE The KA-TEM e3 (with pickup) was a close second in my price range :D
Nice sound on the videos and look great!

For a first uke, I'd get a entry level one until you know for sure that you're going to stick with the program..
However you get what you pay for....if you can afford a mid level one, it will sound better, have better playability
and be more comfortable....you'll probally sound learn faster, get less fustrated, and most likely to stick it out....
I'd also recommend getting a digital chromatic clip on tuner...would be the best investment you'll make....
Good Luck!! and Let us know how it goes...MM Stan..
This is also good info. I'm glad I bought a mid level (IMO same price range as the one you are looking at) uke, instead of a cheaper one. Also if you can afford a bit more for the one with a pickup ($215) It has a built in tuner!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone. UU has a really nice community :) I'm going to get this ukulele but the bad thing is that I'll have to wait until Christmas. I hope that musicguymic will still have this ukulele by the time Christmas comes by.

I don't think you have to worry. That's a pretty popular ukulele and he seems to always have them in stock. Now comes the hard part... waiting. Not fun!

I have two Kala tenors (well, one is a Makala), one bare bones starter Malala and one Flame Spalted Maple- I love the FSM, but honestly, the $70 Makala gets the most play. It is really easy to throw in the car and take everywhere, it is lighter, and with some Aquila's in it it sounds...well, I am not going to say as good as solid spruce top, but it also does not sound like a $70 Uke. Super nice tone on it- just a thought.
I am certain that you will not be let down by the Mahogany as I have played one of those as well and almost went that route for #2...until the spalted Maple haunted me day and day out-
The local has that Uke for a lot more than $180...sounds like a good buy to me

Top Bottom