Someone got a good deal....

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
Last edited:
C'mon...Did you really think that Martin 3k in the title would go un-noticed?

I know the Martin koa ukes are like the Holy Grail, but I still prefer the mahogany. I think most folks would choose the style 3 if they could, but I'd prefer a style 1. I never claimed to be normal....

I didn't know Martin made Koa ones. Have to look that one up again. Still, that's a lot of coin..

They made Koa versions of Styles 1-3, and I think ONLY a Koa Style 5 (as far as I know there was no mahogany version). The Style 0 only came in mahogany. Considering that the mahogany Style 3s from the '30s seem to regularly sell for close to 3 grand, $2500 for the much more desirable 3K is a decent price. Yes, it's a lot of money, but there can't be very many '30s Style 3Ks in that kind of condition floating around.

I guess I'm a "lucky sucker" too then! (I got mine for free.)

Martin3K.jpg

Martin3KBack.jpg

hey c.b.

how so did you get yours free...that is a gobsmacker :drool:

That's a beautiful 3K, c.b. So, I was talking to someone who told me this story: His friend's father, who does not play (the friend does) was out at garage sales. He happened upon an ukulele. The "woman" was asking $3.00 for it; the father was able to talk her down to $2.00 and bought it. The father brought the ukulele home and showed it to his son. It was a Martin 3K. $2.00 is not free, but it's awfully close. No garage sales here today...as if.

If only I had been more studious when they were teaching the jedi mind trick.

Top Bottom