Woodstock by Joni Mitchell - ukulele cover

Dougf

Reaction score
For those of you who haven't cruised the contest forum lately, this is my entry in MusicMonsterW's Canadian singer-songwriter contest. Although Sebi blew us all away with his Avril Lavigne cover, I would like to encourage anyone so inclined to submit an entry anyway. The contest is at least partially about acknowledging the contributions of our so often unacknowledged neighbor to the north. Anyway, I really had fun and learned a lot creating this little cover. Hope you enjoy it!

Doug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGXGt-8Ihiw

Aloha Dougf,
That was really cool, enjoyed it very much...yup Joni's hott....I remember stardust!! gee, now I feel aged...HMMM
"Keep strumming them strings" Mahalo for sharing...MM Stan...

Last edited:
That Mya-Moe is sweet! Love your cover. Always loved that song, Joni Mitchell's and CSN&Y's cover of it. After seeing you take it on, I may have to learn that one after all. Interesting chords & I like the "glide" from that first fret barre to the third. Joni Mitchell regularly uses "alternate" tunings, so I always thought the uke would be a great instrument for "Woodstock".

That Mya-Moe is sweet! Love your cover. Always loved that song, Joni Mitchell's and CSN&Y's cover of it. After seeing you take it on, I may have to learn that one after all. Interesting chords & I like the "glide" from that first fret barre to the third. Joni Mitchell regularly uses "alternate" tunings, so I always thought the uke would be a great instrument for "Woodstock".

Thanks. My arrangement is clearly pretty simple. That barre slide causes the Cm chord to be played without a 3rd, but I realized that the ear will hear the minor sound anyway. And then when I do hit the 3rd at "Stardust", it just seems to strengthen the sound.

Top Bottom