PDA

View Full Version : Kamaka 8 string Baritone

cletus
09-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Craigslist Hawaii has one for sale, pictures included in the ad.
I've never heard of these instruments. I'd appreciate any information on them, and any info on the 8 string baritone as well.

Cheers!

shrink9
09-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Kamaka is a VERY respected uke, as you will learn from a variety of folks here on the forum. As to the 8-string Baritone, I don't have any first-hand knowledge of that; but, being Kamaka, I would expect it to be excellent. Do a search for Kamaka and see what it turns up here in the forum.

cletus
09-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Kamaka is a VERY respected uke, as you will learn from a variety of folks here on the forum. As to the 8-string Baritone, I don't have any first-hand knowledge of that; but, being Kamaka, I would expect it to be excellent. Do a search for Kamaka and see what it turns up here in the forum.

I'll give that a try. Thanks!

mailman
09-19-2010, 01:30 PM
I see a Kamaka baritone listed in your sig....did you already buy it? Or is that a different one?

cletus
09-19-2010, 01:43 PM
I see a Kamaka baritone listed in your sig....did you already buy it? Or is that a different one?

I've had that one for a while, and I think it's sweet tuned gCEA.

I've never heard of an 8 string baritone before, but since it's Kamaka I was wondering if anybody knew if it was a special edition.

mm stan
09-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Aloha Cletus,
They have been around for some time and standard...I've seen a couple in the pawn shops (white labels)going for
about $600.00....and up!! I had a 1970's white label Kamaka baritone too....MM Stan...

molokinirum
09-20-2010, 04:29 AM
Yes being Kamaka, it has to be good!!! I would love to hear how it sounds. Maybe check out you tube for a video.