K-Wave tele uke on eBay

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
Lots of folks have shown interest lately in the now discontinued Kiwaya K-Wave telecaster-style uke. Here's one that's just been listed on eBay. If I didn't already have one, I'd be jumping all over this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/fender-telecast...547?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a1d29dbb

I have no connection to this auction. I don't know the seller, and have never seen this particular uke. I just thought you guys might like a heads-up....

Aloha Mailman,
Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure alot of members are going bonkers over it already...do I have a chance???HMM
For two days left, its a really good price....MM Stan...

Last edited:
I think it's odd there are no direct photos of the top.

I think it's odd there are no direct photos of the top.

I'm guessing the seller wanted to feature the Fender-esque headstock, accounting for photo #1. The second photo would feature the pick-up jack, making clear that it has a pick-up. And I guess the third photo (of the back) would be because it was not seen in either of the first two.

Does the price for an eBay ad increase after a certain number of pix? Maybe after three you have to pay more....

I'm guessing the seller wanted to feature the Fender-esque headstock, accounting for photo #1. The second photo would feature the pick-up jack, making clear that it has a pick-up. And I guess the third photo (of the back) would be because it was not seen in either of the first two.

Does the price for an eBay ad increase after a certain number of pix? Maybe after three you have to pay more....

I don't know, it's been a long time since I've tried to sell something on eBay. I just thought it was odd. I'm not trying to imply something fishy is going on.

Currently the uke is at a great price ($99 as of this post), but the $30 shipping cost is ridiculous... unless its overnight or 2-3 day delivery. Don't look like it though...

Pix on eBay run 15 cents for each additional pic past the first one.

Currently the uke is at a great price ($99 as of this post), but the $30 shipping cost is ridiculous... unless its overnight or 2-3 day delivery. Don't look like it though...

Pix on eBay run 15 cents for each additional pic past the first one.

But if that includes packing materials, its worth it. no?

Everybody is going stealth mode waiting for the right moment to bid.

What sizes do these come in and if more than one, which do you think this one is?

The current price on this one is less than half of what they usually go for. Mine came in a tweed case, and I don't remember whether this auction includes a case or not....

Just checked. This has a soft case with it.

Geez, they didn't buy it, they stole it! What a great grab for somebody! I hope it was a UUer....

Top Bottom