What's the uke scene like in El Paso, TX?

arashi_nero

Reaction score
So, I just got a job offer on Friday from a company in El Paso, TX, and we'll be moving down there the beginning of October. The uke scene in Utah isn't huge, but there are a couple clubs and many friends who play. Is there anyone from UU there or know how it is down there?

I guess if not, trying to find people will be part of the fun of moving to a completely new area, right?

I was stationed in El Paso but never go to check out the uke scene...just google uke clubs and see if there is one there.

Wow what a move....whew that's a far one...Southwest Texas...50 miles from the border???...ooh the delicious food there...
and culture.....I'm sure there's gotta be some uke players there, Keep us informed!! MM Stan...

armytrucker-i'll google it. hopefully it brings up something.

stan-the move isn't really that far. it's about a 12hr drive from where i'm at now. el paso to dallas, tx, is 14hrs!! and it's not 50 miles from the border. it's more like .00005 miles to the border. i was looking up costco stores and from the center of el paso, the costco in juarez, mx, is closer than the costco in el paso hahaha. i would also assume there are uke players there. i guess we'll see.

Why don't you join a Mariachi band and play the uke??

Hey there! I've been living in Austin for a few months and enjoying playing with other people here. It looks like I'll be moving back to El Paso at the end of January, though, and one of my first priorities will be to put together some kind of uke club. I know there are a handful of people out there who play, anyway.

Hey! I just posted a reply to this thread a couple of days ago, but I decided to start organizing a uke group in EP now so that there will maybe be something in place when I get back there in a couple of weeks. Go to bordertownuke.blogspot.com. You can link to the Google Group from there, or just go straight to the group. I'm going to post a notice to the Ukulele Underground forum at large, too. Hope to see you soon!

Top Bottom