Making Progress!

Miss Michele

Reaction score
I've only had my new ukulele for a couple days, and I must say that I'm pretty proud of myself! I've mastered tuning (lol), and three chords, C, F, G7. The first song I'm working on is the children's song, Aiken Drum. I've got the chords down, I just have to work on the strumming. I knew if I practiced enough I could do it! YAY!!!

Oh, and thanks to Aldrine for the lesson on tuning ;)

Great stuff, Miss M. Take your time, it will come.

Here's something simple and fun to do with the stage you are at: When making F, drop your ring finger on the C string, third fret. Keep strumming. Lift it on and off to hear a different sound (it's an F7). This will also help train your fingers to move around. AND when making G7, lift your ring finger off the A string to hear what that sounds like. All good.

I fondly remember my initial problems with the G7 and the G chords (sniff sniff). It seems like only yesterday.

Miss Michelle, if you are near Columbus, Ohio we have a ukulele club in town and meet about once a month. We have the next meeting set for October 2nd. It's a lot of fun== music, munchies, lots of good friends and good humor.

Aloha Miss Michelle,
Congrats on your ukulele chord progression and tuning success...now try, these chords..C, G, Am, F or C, Am, F, G7..
Have fun!! and let us know how it goes...."Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan..

Isn't it the best! I'd forgotten about Aiken Drum, my kids used to love that song when they were little. I will have to look it up. I can say from my own experience practice really makes the difference, plus it's fun!

Congrats on your progress. Welcome to UU.

Good job! Learning songs is the easiest nd most fun way to learn it gives you a goal to achieve!

Congratulations, Miss Michelle! As someone already suggested, the next logical (and easy!) chord to learn is Am. Ring finger on the G string at the second fret. You can already play an F, right? Just lift your index finger and you've got Am. There are tons of songs that you can play with only C, Am, F and G7. Have fun!

Good for you. You should document your progress. You'll be amazed at your progress.

Top Bottom