Nothing new under the sun

bobj

Reaction score
No earth breaking news here, but I gotta post my uke impressions for my first few days. (Kala flame mahogany concert) Total newbie.

1. Love the ukulele.
2. Thank you musicguymike. Your reputation was impeccable, and you didn't disappoint me in any way. Everything was perfect.
3. My fingertips feel so strange. And I can't operate my touch screen i-phone with my left hand now. It feels like I have alien fingertips. So weird :)
4. The people on UU are very nice, generous, and talented. It is amazing.

There ya go. I told you it wasn't anything new, but I just wanted to get it off my chest. Ahh! I feel better now.

I will post a pic of me (and my 3 year old daughter with her new pink dolphin Makala) as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Take care,
bobj
in Japan

Oh my goodness!
I suck worse than a broken vacuum cleaner :-0

I am one of those people who totally lack musical ability. And my fingers must be from a different species than the real uke players on UU.
So my goals are pretty simple... mostly to have fun learning to make music.

So far, so good.

bobj

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I seem to be like a..'Kid with the toys, but doesn't know how to use em well' cuz my uke seem to be really good, but I'm terrible :)

Slowly, we'll learn! I'm meeting up with a fellow UU'er this weekend of sometime soon in the future so he could teach me a thing or two :)

Aloha BobJ,
I'm sure you must be having a ball with your new Kala concert eh...and I'm sure you and your
daughter must be bonding with each other and the ukes...don't forget to take pictures of
your daughter with her uke too..I can imagine the memories in the future for the both of you.
I wish I had my pictures of me and my uke...awe shucks!!! now you both can inspire and motivate
each other....Have fun!!!and "Keep strumming them strings"Ganbate desu nei...MM Stan..

Oh my goodness!
....So my goals are pretty simple... mostly to have fun learning to make music.

So far, so good.

bobj

That is what it's all about.....playing the uke, making music and having FUN!!!

So my goals are pretty simple... mostly to have fun learning to make music.

That should be everyone's goal. Some of us forget sometimes, trying desperately to get our fan strums even, or our G#dim fingering faster.

Good to have reminders of what's important. Thanks. :)

Since you are based in Chiba, you should join ukulele afternoon! Great people, loads of experience and good fun. No better way to get started!

Oh! Thank you for the information, and the encouragement.

There seems to be no end to the amount of cool people on here.

I'm curious, though, how come everyone can speak Japanese? Uker's are talented indeed :)

Top Bottom