songs for uke

tom321

Reaction score
hi, i have been playing the ukulele for about 5 months and i am starting to run out of ideas for songs i should learn. I would like to learn more traditional songs and hawaiian songs as well as classics. I just dont know what to learn! can anyone please suggest some good songs?

tom

hi, i have been playing the ukulele for about 5 months and i am starting to run out of ideas for songs i should learn. I would like to learn more traditional songs and hawaiian songs as well as classics. I just dont know what to learn! can anyone please suggest some good songs?

tom

Ukulele Resources thread . . .

g'day Tom...wow!what a question!!! so many songs,so little time!!!

For me, it's old time folk songs, jazz and tin pan alley stuff from early 20th century. I do have a couple of suggestions though re songbooks (though there are so so many around)...

(i) look up the "Rise Up Singing" songbook - enough to keep you going for a year or two or three, and

(ii) keep an eye out for the upcoming fleamarket publication by Jim Beloff called "The Daily Ukulele", with a song in your heart for every day of the year!

many others with more knowledge than I will be able to suggest the best hawaiian themed songbooks,of which, again, there are many...

hope you continue to be inspired and find joy in your uke mate.

cheers and see you on the trail. eugene

Top Bottom