What kind of Ukulele make is my Uke?

joeybug

Reaction score
Hi, I brought an Ukulele a few weeks back and have been trying to find out what make it is and whether or not it's a good starter uke...

It has no manufacturing details or name on/in it so I wondered if you lovely people could help me...

Here's some pictures of her...

Astrid001.jpg

Astrid002.jpg

Astrid003.jpg

Astrid004.jpg

Thanks

I'm gonna guess Chinese.

I have seen products like this in Indonesia as well; but the color vividness screams Chinese to me.

Now, its always good to have a story behind the uke. Let us know what the story is.

Cheap ukes like that can be ok to start with, or they can be terrible with bad intonation and buzzing everywhere.
If you got a good one, it'll probably keep you happy for a few months, but soon you will want to upgrade to something in the $100 to $250 range that sounds alot better.

Thats easy. It's a "Purple" one.. ;)

Enjoy..

ha ha yeah it screams chinese to me as well. Starter ukulele? Depends how stable the strings are. I know most of those ukuleles I have came across, I sound like I've never picked an ukulele up before. Maybe because I'm used to tenors?

Anyway, anything is a good starter uke, providing it's playable. $30 can give you a rogue baritone, which sounds like magic placed in the right hands..

I'm gonna guess Chinese.

I have seen products like this in Indonesia as well; but the color vividness screams Chinese to me.

Now, its always good to have a story behind the uke. Let us know what the story is.

Thanks for the info...the story isn 't much of a story...

I have a friend who recently invested in uke's and I was in a shop looking at their guitars for a friend's christmas present and I saw this purple ukulele and I HAD to have it, as it happened I had the exact amount of money it cost so I brought it home and have since played and stummed and learnt...I've also brought a blue one from the same shop for my God Daughter's sixth birthday in October...

ha ha yeah it screams chinese to me as well. Starter ukulele? Depends how stable the strings are. I know most of those ukuleles I have came across, I sound like I've never picked an ukulele up before. Maybe because I'm used to tenors?

Anyway, anything is a good starter uke, providing it's playable. $30 can give you a rogue baritone, which sounds like magic placed in the right hands..

To my ears, it doesn't buzz and seems to play the notes fine...but I am just a beginner...

That's a Purple Pupule 'ukulele. ;) If it plays and sounds good great, that's the main thing.

Aloha Joeybug,
If your poipole ukulele sounds great to you and you're having fun with it...that's all that matters...
My first ukulele was $24.95 rogue soprano and I liked it at the start and still play it often today....
Have Fun girl!!! "Keep strumming them strings"" MM Stan..

Aloha Joeybug,
If your poipole ukulele sounds great to you and you're having fun with it...that's all that matters...
My first ukulele was $24.95 rogue soprano and I liked it at the start and still play it often today....
Have Fun girl!!! "Keep strumming them strings"" MM Stan..

It was very cheap and I like the sound it gives me, so I think I'll stick with it for a while, though I do have my eye on a natural wood one that's £35 with a hard case, so I may very well treat myself to that at some point!

Top Bottom