Kamaka Arrival

Mandarb

Reaction score
I ordered a HF-3 and a Protec case from Kamaka Hawaii about a month ago. It is a standard HF-3 but it was built for me. It arrived safely yesterday. Thank you Kamaka for the uke and the secure packaging. Thank you UPS for the safe delivery. Thank you Mom for meeting UPS at my house and placing the uke inside so it did not sit out all day in the sun. Thank you UU for a wonderful community. My review of the uke - it looks beautiful and sounds fantastic. Here are some pics I took with my iPhone last night.

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_7544.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the new Kamaka!!! I bought the same uke in 2009 while on a trip to Hawaii. That uke is great to play and worth every penny (or $$$!) Enjoy and don't forget to join the Kamaka Klub if you have not yet!!
Have fun and enjoy!!

Absolutely stunning. Hope you have a great time with it. Does it have your name written inside? :)

Thanks. I think I spent equal time playing it and admiring it last night. No it does not have my name inside just the serial number and a date stamp of when they started making it.

gorrrrgeousss. Lexxy, you are always awake.. ha ha
Argh.. makes me want mine?! Did yours go to customs before arriving?

No customs - Hawaii to Pennsylvania. UPS did a very nice job.

Great looking koa on that Kamaka. Did you upgrade the wood?

Great looking koa on that Kamaka. Did you upgrade the wood?

No upgrade on the wood - it is the "standard" koa. I know that koa can vary quite a bit in coloring and markings. I was not sure if I was going to get a more plain jane type koa or something with a little more interest. I was blown away when it arrived. Different lighting and different angles definitely bring out all the cool features of the koa. It also sounds great. It is hard to describe but it sounds full, rich, and warm.

Aloha Mandarb,
Congrats on your purchase!!!Your Kamaka looks absoultely beautiful....stunning, You must be numb with excitement now....
And yup, that's what I tell everyone on the new kamaka's ..full rich warm soundz.....I suprised you took your hands off to post this.
Have fun and enjoy!!!!and let us know how it goes....Many thanks for sharing...MM Stan....

Last edited:
Hi Mandarb,

Congrats on that new uke. How long does it take for UPS to get
it from there to here?

Best of luck with it.

Cheers.

Hi Mandarb,

Congrats on that new uke. How long does it take for UPS to get
it from there to here?

Best of luck with it.

Cheers.

It shipped on the 14th and arrived on the 21st.

I didn't know you were getting a Kamaka! It's a beauty!

Beautiful! I hope it gives you a life filled with beautiful music!

I didn't know you were getting a Kamaka! It's a beauty!

So you are the one that missed my thread that I received confirmation from Kamaka that they started the build on Aug 31st - how dare you! j/k Anyway, hopefully you will see it in person next week - I hope the weather holds.

It looks terrific, and I'm sure it sounds great. Welcome to the Kamaka Klub! I adore my Kamaka and I'm sure you will love yours as well. Looks like you got lucky on the wood grain, that looks like some really nice curl. Enjoy it! :)

Top Bottom