Kamaka soprano with bridge pins?

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
I saw a Kamaka on eBay this morning that has me confused. I certainly can't afford a Kamaka at the moment, but I'm just curious.

This one is touted as being a soprano, but I wonder if that is correct. It has bridge pins, for one thing, that I always associated with larger body sizes. It also has 13 frets to the body, rather than 12....is that normal for Kamaka?

Enquiring minds want to know....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Kamaka-...503?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b52ef2ff

I thought that thing looked different, but I don't know nuttin'...

Aloha Mailman,
I believe it a mistake in there somewhere, I have and had both Kamaka gold soprano and tenor. I believe it's
a tenor because in the picture the uke has 13 frets to the body. Soprano's have only 12 frets to the body...
I believe this tenor is rare one and worth at least $750-$800.00. I have never seen bridge pins on a soprano..
that locks my in my susspicion...It's starting off low now, but I imagine when the old timers see it, it's going
to hit the roof(prices) MM Stan...

Bidding has ended....maybe they were informed it isn't a soprano and ended the auction before anyone bid?

Hi Mailman,

Looks like the Seller has relisted it as a tenor, bid away.
Only about 20 miles from my house, oh well spent all my
dough on my Kamaka concert.
I missed a tenor, pin bridge, 13 fretter, w/ sail head.
Couldn't come up with $500 fast enough.
2010-07-13184120-1.jpg

Cheers.

Over $1000. It's pretty and has panache.

It looks in very good condition, local sales 6-7 hundred...Ebay...8 hundred and up...
It's rare, because the gold tenors are all customs....but this one is the standard custom
with the bigger sailhead and wide neck(seen at least 10 of these)...the really rarer one and I've only seen one, and
I've got it is the thinner neck and shorter sail headstock. MM Stan..

The auction has been closed again...I wonder what is going on.

I always thought the eBay seller could not close an auction once there was a valid bid. Has this rule changed?

The auction has been closed again...I wonder what is going on.

Maybe the actual owner showed up & took it back?! I'm just sayin' :)

Not that I was going to bid on it! Too rich for my blood until I unload a batch of ukes!

Maybe the actual owner showed up & took it back?! I'm just sayin' :)

Not that I was going to bid on it! Too rich for my blood until I unload a batch of ukes!

Who knows. I don't know that I would bid on it anyway. Too new and too much money exchanging hands.

Top Bottom