Drawing on a ukulele?

kalicokahliaa

Reaction score
So, I want to turn my old Lanikai Pineapple ukulele into a playable art piece. I'm not planning on painting on it..I'm thinking something along the lines of ink/paint pen. Does anyone have any tips on what kind of pen or marker to use? Also, what would I need to use in order to preserve the drawing while doing the least damage to the sound quality?

Any other tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Thai :cool:

I just got a autograph on mine using a pilot brand gold paint pen then I clear coated it with regular home depot spray clear but be fore warned the clear coat Must be very lightly dusted on so it drys fast otherwise it will disolve the paint and even dusting it on will dull the paints briliance somewhat but it's still worth it to protect it

I have not (yet) drawn on one of my ukes, but I have used testors enamel markers on skate board grip tape and ridden the board for years with the artwork still there (and no clear).
Have also found that krylon finish spray dusted lightly will not dull Sharpies...
I like to draw on stuff a lot, eying the Uke now for a new project (uh oh)

Aloha Kalicokahliaa aka Thai,
Check the thread...Taimane would you please autograph my sceptre...some good advice there...
"Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan...

Last edited:
Top Bottom