Amazing Grace - First song mastered!

joeybug

Reaction score
Hi, this is my video on my first song that I think I've mastered on my Ukulele. I know I'm not a good singer, but I'm hoping I played it right!

It's not playing with sound on my laptop, but I've had a problem with that for a while where it's intermittent, so let me know if it really doesn't have any sound..

That is absolutely a song. You've done it. You are at least 2 steps ahead of me at this point, because I've only learned a few chords. And I can't sing to save my life. I guess I better keep practicing.

How long have you been playing?

Thanks for posting your first song.

bobj

About six weeks I guess, it's an easy song to learn, three chords...

Thanks for the input :D

Wow - great job! I've not got the nerve up yet to post something to YouTube. Amazing Grace is probably the one I'll post as well when I do - its a great song & easy to play as you mention & most importantly, a timeless classic from John Newton.

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing! What song is next?
The purple uke is schweet... why Astrid?

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing! What song is next?
The purple uke is schweet... why Astrid?

I named her Astrid...well, it just felt like her name, which I know sounds weird, but...I'm a weird person!

Wow - great job! I've not got the nerve up yet to post something to YouTube. Amazing Grace is probably the one I'll post as well when I do - its a great song & easy to play as you mention & most importantly, a timeless classic from John Newton.

I posted the first song I played on the Uke on YouTube privately, but only shared that with friends, this one I felt was that much better that I felt able to share with total strangers :D

That's a great milestone for us newbie',s our first vid. From one beginner to another, I'm so proud. Thanks for sharing! DAP

Aloha JoeyBug,
That was sweeeet, and coool...I see you're getting better and your confidence has improved alot...
Keep on plugging along, You're just fine..I must say!!! Thanks for sharing....BTW-we're not strangers
here....so don't feel uncomfortable sharing with us!!! Keep them strings strumming and Have Fun!!!
MM Stan...Way to go girl!!!!

Awesome! 1 song down, infinity to go. I've never seen a uke that color before, judging by your signature I think you have a thing for purple.

From a quite new Uker (since april), a BIG WELL DONE TO YOU, i posted my first vid on here recently and i know how nervious it can make you feel.. So well done.. Your on the path to happiness with your little purple ukulele in hand..
Keep up the good work and i hope to see another one soon :)

You did a mighty fine job on your first video... much braver than me! I will probably never post a video... especially of me singing!
Love love love the purple uke... I have a thing for purple too... purses, shoes, shirts, couches.. etc.. I see someone special made you purple hand prints..
Keep up the good work.. I have had my ukulele 7 weeks tomorrow... I LOVE IT! Going to go and play for a few minutes before the kids come home from school!

Good job! My first videos were just me plinking around on the strings. It was quite a while before I worked up the courage to post a singing video. I've still only done a couple, and I'm not sure how I feel about them, lol.
Cheers!

You did a mighty fine job on your first video... much braver than me! I will probably never post a video... especially of me singing!
Love love love the purple uke... I have a thing for purple too... purses, shoes, shirts, couches.. etc.. I see someone special made you purple hand prints..
Keep up the good work.. I have had my ukulele 7 weeks tomorrow... I LOVE IT! Going to go and play for a few minutes before the kids come home from school!

Yeah, the handprints are my God daughter, Darla who is getting her very own Blue Ukulele for her sixth birthday in October..I saw this Uke in the shop and had to have it because it was purple and that's the only reason I started playing :D

Top Bottom