My Paramore painted Uke

EllenMelon

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm Ellen and this is my first post on ukulele underground.
I'm painting a ukulele for my A level art coursework and just wondered what people thought of it so far?

P1010228 2.JPG

P1010227 2.jpg

Very beautiful! Too bad that she will always be facing away for her audience, though. Doing something on the face side as well? My daughter wants to paint ukes now - what uke did you start with?

hi Ellen! and welcome to UU!

I think it's awesome. Really vibrant, striking. Is it a self-portrait? What are you planning for the face of the uke?

All the best with your course and your playing. see you on the trail. eugene

On the face side i'm using the butterfly design from Paramore's album cover brand new eyes. I'm also thinking about buying 3 more ukuleles and doing a complete set of each band member. It was just a cheap ukulele my dad bought for me to practise with. Think it may just be one from asda. And no its not a self-portrait. Its the singer from the band paramore :)

On the face side i'm using the butterfly design from Paramore's album cover brand new eyes. I'm also thinking about buying 3 more ukuleles and doing a complete set of each band member. It was just a cheap ukulele my dad bought for me to practise with. Think it may just be one from asda. And no its not a self-portrait. Its the singer from the band paramore :)

now you just need to start playing their songs on there, if its even possible :X

I think Misery Business would sound rad on a uke. Decode might sound funny, but very cool!

Great job on the painting!

Seeing as how there are quite a few Uke painters on here I have started a group called Painted Ukuleles. I was surprised there wasn't one already. Join up if you have tips, info, pics etc to share.

Ian.

Aloha Ellen Melon,
I think its beautiful and awesome...Good job girl!!! Although it's painted on the inside as previously mentioned, it's close to your heart...
Just can't wait till you share with us the beautiful butterfly one....BTW- Welcome to the UU and our humble forums....Keep on
strumming them strings....and Painting them nice works of art and combining them on your uke....Have fun girl!! MM Stan...

Last edited:
Hayley Williams is ridiculously hot (although I have a weakness for redheads :D).

I like your painting, even if it looks like she literally has red hair (though I suppose she did dye it literally red)

Last edited:
Aloha, e komo mai Ellen, awesome art skills very pleasing to the eyes. Great to have you here too. Show us the front of the 'ukulele, can't wait to see it. Thanks! ;)

Top Bottom