soprano to concert size switch

N.O.uke

Reaction score
i was wondering if the switch between these two is a big deal or it is an easy transfer.........my fingers are already used to playing in the smaller frets of a soprano so that is a plus............

I've been trying soprano after concert.

My experience has been a bit of adjustment in terms of where the strings are and the frets. There's going to be a bit of fumbling, but it shouldn't take you that long to get with the program.

the scale difference between the two isn't that much really...

thanks for all the help guys............

It can be tougher for me to get a good hold on the soprano when the concert just fits me. But it's possible. Some more-so than others.

Tenor is just too big for me, and... I just kinda bought a soprano Koaloha to replace the... soprano Koaloha I used to have. So uhhh, yeah. ;)

I'm completely spoiled for ukes. My koa concert Flea just suits me. My Howlett uklectic - from my cold dead hands. I now have to fork over some serious coin in order to get a uke that competes.

Maybe I could play a Pete-built tenor. If the concert setup is anything to go buy. There's talk of a Helsinki tenor.

But unless I go that route, the Koaloha will have to be the last uke for a while. It's not only the money, it's just that I can't do better for what suits me. I found my luthier of choice. To do better, I gotta go through him. :(

We all get to that stage eventually, and that's where I am now.

I play soprano, concert and tenor, and switch back and forward between them in one session no problem. It may take a little while to get used to it, but not long.

well said, i can play my tenor and my soprano and i can do it no problems you just need a bit of practise, like everything else. :D

Top Bottom