Just got my Ultimate Curly Koa Sonny D Custom Bell shape tenor Uke.

PeformanceUke

Reaction score
My high grade Curly koa custom tenor bell has just been completed. Wow i am so excited. Every time i get a new uke i end up picking up allot new things messing around hearing the sound, getting a new uke motivates me to play even more, i end up buying a new uke every 6 months to fuel this addiction.

This uke has a super potent ring to it and this uke slams hard. Sonny D's Bell ukes are my new favorite design. I also ordered me another custom uke with a customized inlayed fret board, should be done in a few months. Its 3 am here and i been playing this thing all day. The sounds seems to be getting better and better.

Last edited:
The whole thing looks awesome! I'm loving that bridge too!

My high grade Curly koa custom tenor bell has just been completed. Wow i am so excited. Every time i get a new uke i end up picking up allot new things messing around hearing the sound, getting a new uke motivates me to play even more, i end up buying a new uke every 6 months to fuel this addiction.

This uke has a super potent ring to it and this uke slams hard. Sonny D's Bell ukes are my new favorite design. I also ordered me another custom uke with a customized inlayed fret board, should be done in a few months. Its 3 am here and i been playing this thing all day. The sounds seems to be getting better and better.

[URL=http://img838.imageshack.us/i/dscn1677347.jpg/] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

[URL=http://img580.imageshack.us/i/dscn1724394.jpg/] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]
Eh, how many you get now? And if can, try upload one sound sample.

Sonny D is a very "colorful" person. Had the opportunity to meet him a yr or so ago. Must get back to his shop on my next trip to Honolulu. He makes some nice ukes. Does everything himself too.

Aloha PreformanceUke,
Howzit, your new Sonny D looks awesome...I like the nice flamed Koa and the contrasting inlays and bindings..
The larger soundhole must give it some volume and must pound out sum soundz....Congrats and have some fun!!
"Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan...

Last edited:
Awesome 'ukulele, how many now? I saw an older Sonny D pineapple made from purple-heart for sale on the Elderly Instruments website a month ago. Is Sonny D still making pineapples?

Wow, that is an awesome looking uke!!! I LOVE that Koa wood, BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congrats!!
If possible, could you put up a sound sample????
Mahalo!!

The fretboard looks wide or is it just an optical illusion? So when do we get to see, hear this beautiful performance uke?

Looks beautiful - cool grain pattern. Thanks for sharing.

thats a nice one, man i tried getting ahold of sonny d but just kept getting the machine, i left a message , i wanna get a quote of the uke i had that was stolen, anyways your uke is nice

Thanks Everyone for the nice Comments. I have a quite a few custom Sonny D Ukes. I also have a few Kamaka's and couple vintage martins. Too bad my camera sucks i would jam some sound clips if not. Also yes the fretboard is wider and was made to my preference. And yes Sonny is a very nice guy, and makes great ukes.

Awesome 'ukulele, how many now? I saw an older Sonny D pineapple made from purple-heart for sale on the Elderly Instruments website a month ago. Is Sonny D still making pineapples?

I have quite a few ukes. Yes i saw that Pineapple uke, its a factory second, i am not sure why eldery hasn't posted it as one. And from what i know Sonny will only make a pineapple if its special orderd.

Top Bottom