PDA

View Full Version : In My Life

Ukesista
06-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Here's just a short section of this ukulele solo. Some of the stretches on this I found difficult, especially when moving quickly between the chords and picking the notes. Didn't quite manage to get that last bit smooth, hope you all enjoy watching anyway :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SaddleSoreSista1
__________________________________________________ ____

russ_buss
06-19-2008, 06:45 PM
nicely done. you're on a roll with these videos. keep em coming!

Ukesista
06-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Thank you Russ.

14twelve
06-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Yes, that was great! That's a really difficult one to play, and you did really well with it. You inspire me when I see how far you've come in such a short time. Looking forward to seeing more!!:music:

Ukesista
06-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Yes, that was great! That's a really difficult one to play, and you did really well with it. You inspire me when I see how far you've come in such a short time. Looking forward to seeing more!!:music:

Thanks so much, it really does motivate me to keep progressing. I also learn so much from watching other players such as yourself. There's always a different way of picking or the way someone plays a 'hammer on' thats different to the way I play, so I'm really enjoying all the videos that are posted.

grappler
06-19-2008, 10:22 PM
you play well..
very quick learner aswell

Ukesista
06-20-2008, 12:43 AM
you play well..
very quick learner aswell

Hey Grappler thanks, it might look like I learn a song and then post a video, but actually I've been practicing all these solo's for quite some time.

Dominator
06-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Ukesista,
You are making great progress. I've sent you a PM with some additional tips that I hope will help.

grappler
06-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Hey Grappler thanks, it might look like I learn a song and then post a video, but actually I've been practicing all these solo's for quite some time.

well.. im very impressed.. i tend to play not at the right tempo.. you play with perfect timing. how long have you been playing for??

Ukesista
06-21-2008, 02:09 PM
well.. im very impressed.. i tend to play not at the right tempo.. you play with perfect timing. how long have you been playing for??

Hey Grappler thanks for that. I started playing around February March this year. But remember I had a guitar for a long time and I so I'm used to keeping time, and picking and chord formations. But I've never played anything like solo's that I'm playing on the uke.

You know.... I've saved a copy of your version of 'Something', because I really liked the way you played yours. Your hammer ons, and the little run of notes on the A string you did was excellent. I wanted to practice that and add some differences to my version :)

grappler
06-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey Grappler thanks for that. I started playing around February March this year. But remember I had a guitar for a long time and I so I'm used to keeping time, and picking and chord formations. But I've never played anything like solo's that I'm playing on the uke.

You know.... I've saved a copy of your version of 'Something', because I really liked the way you played yours. Your hammer ons, and the little run of notes on the A string you did was excellent. I wanted to practice that and add some differences to my version :)

OMG!! since Feb?? it shows that i need to practise WAYYYYYYYYYYY heappsss moree.. but i love the way u play.. very calm.. it comes all natural. I love it. I got to hand it to you.
so how long you been playing guitar for then??
Are you playing at the open mic??

Ukesista
06-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Not playing at at the open mic, don't have a webcam or microphone but maybe next time. I am definitely watching though so hope to see you play.

I have been around musical instruments, bass, acoustic, electric, drums etc for around ten years. That was a while ago now, as I stopped playing and got interested in other things.

When I first got my uke, I played for hours on end. In fact I aggravated a tendon or nerve up near my elbow and had to stop playing. I play almost every day, but sometimes get a bit frustrated and give it a rest. I am very patient thats true, I will practice some sections over and over for ages, until I can play it well.

grappler
06-21-2008, 03:42 PM
When I first got my uke, I played for hours on end. In fact I aggravated a tendon or nerve up near my elbow and had to stop playing.

i had the same issue.. but my nerves on my fingers on my left hand were damage. Its a syndrome called Carpel Tunnel. But was on heavy Antibiotics for 2 months. it really helped. is everything ok with your elbow/nerves now?

Ukesista
06-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Yep, I think mine must not have been as bad as yours, I didn't have any antibiotics to take. I just stopped playing for a good week maybe two, and now it's ok.