Mighty Uke Video

shrink9

Reaction score
Hi everybody!!!

Today was a UKE-Day!!! The mail carrier brought me a gorgeous Big Island cutaway uke this afternoon. I purchased it used (pics below) and it is absolutely wonderful. Loud voice and immaculate condition.

We just finished watching Mighty Uke. I cannot recommend it enough--what an excellent production. Very well done!!

Hope you have had a great UKE-Day!!!

Attachments

• Big Island Long Neck Tenor Cutaway d.JPG
    Big Island Long Neck Tenor Cutaway d.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Big Island Long Neck Tenor Cutaway f.JPG
    Big Island Long Neck Tenor Cutaway f.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Big Island Long Neck Tenor Cutaway b.JPG
    Big Island Long Neck Tenor Cutaway b.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 34
Beautiful ukulele! I have a Big Island Honu Tenor and I love the way it sounds. I'll be seeing Mighty Uke at the Castro Theatre in San Francisco on Sunday afternoon, where the crowd will try to set a world record for the largest group uke strum. And since I played this morning at a Kapalakiko workshop (http://www.kapalakiko.org), I guess I've been having an ukulele weekend, although without the joy of getting a new (for me) ukulele. Congrats on the addition to your ukulele family! I hope you post some videos of the Big Island uke.

Last edited:
hi Allan

and a happy uke day to you too mate!!! Lovely uke, great choice.

As it happens, my copy of Mighty Uke arrived Friday afternoon and I'm on my third view already. The enthusiasm is so infectious, it just wraps you up and carries you along.

Every day is Uke day though isn't it!!! Cheers

Aloha Allen,
Congrats on receiving your Big Island cutaway safely...Can't believe you had time to take your hands off it, but thanks for sharing and the pic's..
Also you have an impressive collection of ukes, I think the Big Island will fit in beautfully..Have Fun and give us an idea what you like about it the best....
"Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan..

I was lucky enough to see the movie before it came out on DVD with a club full of uke enthusiasts. It is indeed a great movie! The added bonus the night I saw The Mighty Uke was a performance by Anne Davidson & James Hill.

Rev Hank

Big Island Ukes have the best selection of Koa around. I guess that goes with being one of the biggest Koa wood dealers around!

I've always thought they made some of the best-looking ukes in that price range. How do they sound?

Top Bottom