For Sale - Kala Acacia Tenor <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieFromOntario

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've got a Kala Acacia Tenor I'd like to sell. I purchased this uke from MGM last January. It has been a great instrument to continue to learn on.
The uke is in great shape and is in like-new condition. It has left the house maybe a dozen times and lives in it's case (included with the uke) when it is at home.

It is currently strung with SouthCoastUke non-wound Linear (aka Low-G) strings. These strings haven't been on it too long and are still stretching. I wanted to have one of my ukes strung low-g, and I really like the SouthCoastUke strings I have on another tenor so I thought I'd try this non-wound set.
They sound pretty nice - the non-wound low-g string is rather huge, and I had to deepen the grove in the nut a little so that it wouldn't sit too high above the fret board.

Also included with this ukulele is a Tweed Hard case from Mainland Ukes. The case is also in like new condition - though it does have a few stray threads but nothing really prominent; they can't even be seen in the photos.

The reason I'm selling this uke is that it simply doesn't get played much (my BlueGrassUke tenor trumps it every time!), and I'm thinking about investing in a Boat Paddle Ukulele and I need to save some cash.

Price (including tweed case): $325 Cdn + shipping
If you are willing to meet up in or around Toronto, I'd be willing to part with it for $300 just for convenience-sake.
To all my American and international friends, I'd say $325 USD + shipping (I know this is no great deal, especially with MGM selling new, with a case for $300 but I have to try to recoup the $90+ it cost me on shipping and duties into Canada as well as the $100+ for the case.)

Pictures will be available in a later post. You can listen to a few sound samples by copying these links (these samples are with the SouthCoast low-G non-wound strings):
http://www.box.net/shared/j2ecuo6gcj
http://www.box.net/shared/vyvnof4mb5

Please feel free to PM me with questions.

Peace,
Jamie

I forgot to mention that I had a strap button installed at a local guitar shop. It can be seen in one of the photos.

j

Price drop.

In Canada: $300CDN + shipping
US/International: $300 CDN + shipping

Note that both Canadian and International prices are now in CANADIAN DOLLARS

Bump.

$275 cdn + shipping

I will also throw in one new set of re-entrent strings. Your choice of:
Martin Fluros
SouthCoast Medium or light weight
Worth Browns

or Aquila wound low-g

These are great ukes - someone should pick this baby up! I have one myself with low g Aquilas that is the only tenor I've kept around. Beautiful rich sound with the low G!

That's a pretty looking uke. I have a Kala acacia tenor and I really like the way it plays and sounds. This ukulele is definitely a deal. I hope it finds a good home.

PM sent. Hope you still have it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom